Poll Who carries their 80% build?

Who "EDCs" their 80% build?

• Total voters
I guess what I am asking is others' advice as how to mark them differently at home, when our options are very limited due to the space for labeling being so small. I thought of using my driver's license number, it's short & unique, but I can't put it on all of them, or maybe I could? A social security number is too long for stamping, and I can't think of anything else besides a driver's license number that might satisfy a prosecutor or jury, yet there's multiple frames to stamp.

I would definitely not use a SS#.

As for how to do it... @Michele has that down pat and has written about it here:

For those who would like to EDC different PMFs, how would you go about serializing them at home with unique alpha-numeric characters associated to you?
Here's a post with similar query that should answer that question

I would definitely not use a SS#.

As for how to do it... @Michele has that down pat and has written about it here:
I'm curious why you wouldn't use a SS#.
I ask because when I read Mas's response to you, I took his response, to marking a P80, to mark it in a way that ties it to you, or mark it in a way showing it's obviously yours, yet doing so in a way that avoids having to use a ffl, but that route would certainly work too.

I'm curious why you wouldn't use a SS#.
I ask because when I read Mas's response to you, I took his response, to marking a P80, to mark it in a way that ties it to you, or mark it in a way showing it's obviously yours, yet doing so in a way that avoids having to use a ffl, but that route would certainly work too.

For the same reason it's generally advisable to not use your social security on ANYthing. Your SS# is like giving the key to identity thieves (should they find it). So, now not only do they have your gun... they have the key your identity.

Absolutely - pants on/ gun on.

What troubles me most, is that presumably law-abiding adult citizens of this country dancing around in worry about twisted and contorted legalities - whether real or created by gunmag writers - of protecting themselves and their family.

Shall Not Be Infringed - not only these four words, but the balance of the great document we call The Constitution of The United States, are written in basic, 18th Century English so that any citizen with even the most basic ability to read can understand it's contents. Contents that require neither request nor permission to become valid, but exist in perpetuity as the hallmarks of freedom for all people.

There is absolutely ZERO stipulation that a man's choice of protection must be produced in a commercial facility. If it were, who would be listed? There was no S&W/ GLOCK/ HK/ etc. at the time, and the wisdom of the Founders was broad enough to understand that organic growth of manufacturers would eventually bloom, eventually creating many more offerings.

George Washington not only had the most advanced weaponry of the time available to him, but we must also understand that Gen. Washington did not materialize in a vacuum. He had grown up, he had enlisted in the military, he had first-hand witness to the advancements in weaponry - even though we may consider such advancements as rudimentary today. He, and the balance of the FF had the wisdom and understanding to recognize that advancements in weaponry would not cease, and as such, there were no stipulations applied which would eventually amount to limiting the ability of the US citizen to protect themselves, their families, and their property.

It is today that our society has elevated attorneys/ DAs/ judges as being the only valid possessors of constitutional knowledge, having obviously more knowledge than the lowly citizenry since they have devoted years of their life to creating pathways of convoluting the precious Constitution.

Yes, it is easy to go after the law-abiding American, while sitting in a corner pissing yourself in fear of actual criminals. IF we want to ever right this country, we have to begin by shedding the chains of accepting violations of the US Constitution, and put our foot down that it be know to every attorney, DA's office, and Judge that we do not hide in fear from criminals - be they "in office" or not. Just because someone wears a suit to work, doesn't mean they aren't just as much a threat to the citizenry as the meth-head on the corner. While the Constitution may establish bearing for their office, it definitely DOES NOT provide an avenue for prosecution of the citizenry for enjoyment and execution of those inalienable rights granted by the Creator.

No longer should any citizen of this country ponder in worry or concern of "will 'they' respect my Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness", even if that entails setting up my own means of protection.

Apologies for the rant, it just twists my head the level of fear that has been imprinted on the citizenry of what is still the greatest country on the face of this rock - The United States Of America.

/K

IF we want to ever right this country, we have to begin by shedding the chains of accepting violations of the US Constitution, and put our foot down that it be know to every attorney, DA's office, and Judge that we do not hide in fear from criminals - be they "in office" or not.

THIS!

I did not abide the unconstitutional orders to shut down during the peak of covid.

Unfortunately, a majority didn't even blink and traded their Rights for the illusion or DELUSION of "safety."

Absolutely - pants on/ gun on.

What troubles me most, is that presumably law-abiding adult citizens of this country dancing around in worry about twisted and contorted legalities - whether real or created by gunmag writers - of protecting themselves and their family.

Shall Not Be Infringed - not only these four words, but the balance of the great document we call The Constitution of The United States, are written in basic, 18th Century English so that any citizen with even the most basic ability to read can understand it's contents. Contents that require neither request nor permission to become valid, but exist in perpetuity as the hallmarks of freedom for all people.

There is absolutely ZERO stipulation that a man's choice of protection must be produced in a commercial facility. If it were, who would be listed? There was no S&W/ GLOCK/ HK/ etc. at the time, and the wisdom of the Founders was broad enough to understand that organic growth of manufacturers would eventually bloom, eventually creating many more offerings.

George Washington not only had the most advanced weaponry of the time available to him, but we must also understand that Gen. Washington did not materialize in a vacuum. He had grown up, he had enlisted in the military, he had first-hand witness to the advancements in weaponry - even though we may consider such advancements as rudimentary today. He, and the balance of the FF had the wisdom and understanding to recognize that advancements in weaponry would not cease, and as such, there were no stipulations applied which would eventually amount to limiting the ability of the US citizen to protect themselves, their families, and their property.

It is today that our society has elevated attorneys/ DAs/ judges as being the only valid possessors of constitutional knowledge, having obviously more knowledge than the lowly citizenry since they have devoted years of their life to creating pathways of convoluting the precious Constitution.

Yes, it is easy to go after the law-abiding American, while sitting in a corner pissing yourself in fear of actual criminals. IF we want to ever right this country, we have to begin by shedding the chains of accepting violations of the US Constitution, and put our foot down that it be know to every attorney, DA's office, and Judge that we do not hide in fear from criminals - be they "in office" or not. Just because someone wears a suit to work, doesn't mean they aren't just as much a threat to the citizenry as the meth-head on the corner. While the Constitution may establish bearing for their office, it definitely DOES NOT provide an avenue for prosecution of the citizenry for enjoyment and execution of those inalienable rights granted by the Creator.

No longer should any citizen of this country ponder in worry or concern of "will 'they' respect my Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness", even if that entails setting up my own means of protection.

Apologies for the rant, it just twists my head the level of fear that has been imprinted on the citizenry of what is still the greatest country on the face of this rock - The United States Of America.

/K
I'm glad you are here, Ken. I believe the same way you do, yet lack the skills to communicate my beliefs in full. So, it was pleasing to read your writings because it felt like what I wanted to say but couldn't.

Back