OMG Amazing quality frame print LOOK 👀

Michele

Mega-Patriot!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Behind Enemy Lines in a State ruled by Tyranny
BenchiesGoBoom (formerly @twoaallday) printed this. Where are the layer lines ? Can’t see em. This is the quality we all seek when 3d printing. I am soooo impressed. FTQ to the 100th power.

D2912D8B-A4DD-401E-8677-4F7750681E6C.jpeg

This definitely makes me think about thanking his courses at Freedom U.
  • BB19X and printed suppressor height sights
  • Rook rear rails and dimpled pin kit
  • OEM LPK
  • Strike Ark Slide, UPK, mass driver
  • Swampfox green dot optic
  • Olight baldr mini
  • Riptide front rail and locking block
AAF61778-33D0-42C3-8A83-1E4CC93EA8F9.jpeg

If interested that was printed on a Bambu Lab 👈🏼 Link

Last edited:
Kewl!
At this point in the 3D printing technology, how strong is this frame compared to a P80 or OEM Glock frame? Has anyone done an endurance test?

WOW, that looks amazing. BenchiesGoBoom could teach a masters if not doctoral class in 3D printer & slice config!

Is PLA Pro one of the best filaments or what is being used for 3d printing pistol frames? Do I need a specific printer or will a bargain printer work from Amazon? Just making my wish list since I landed the job I interviewed for yesterday. Woohoo after months of interviews I got the job I wanted. :) Won't be rich but will enjoy the work and working in general.

I have an ender 3v2 it’ll print a frame using pla pro or pla plus. If you’d like to use carbon fiber or other exotics ender s1pro would be an affordable option. You’ll want an enclosure for those as well.

I suggest looking around:
Look at files you’d like to print, there’s a read me that comes with them. Most read me’s recommend a filament type etc…
There are many different brands of printers. Research around get an idea which will suit your needs and wallet.
There are files and info here in the 3d section look through the posts for links and answers to a few of your questions.

Edit - check out these there’s some good info in these vids.

Last edited:
I have an ender 3v2 it’ll print a frame using pla pro or pla plus. If you’d like to use carbon fiber or other exotics ender s1pro would be an affordable option. You’ll want an enclosure for those as well.

Look at files you’d like to print, there’s a read me that comes with them. Most read me’s recommend a filament type etc…
There are many different brands of printers. Research around get an idea which will suit your needs and wallet.
There are files and info here in the 3d section look through the posts for links and answers to a few of your questions.

Thank you so much for your reply, Michele.

They are getting to the quality I may buy one. They would be nice to make reloading die boxes. I would like standard size that is stackable.

Kewl!
At this point in the 3D printing technology, how strong is this frame compared to a P80 or OEM Glock frame? Has anyone done an endurance test?
I FINALY got my nylon/carbon fiber filament to cooperate, it was a straight PITA. You need a dryer, because nylon absorbs so much water. You also need a high Temp extruder, one that can handle print Temp of 240-300+, but finally have a frame that not only looks good enuf in my opinion to spend the time prepping and cleaning, but is durable enuf to handle multiple rounds with out damage. I'm putting it together now and will update once its complete, but for now I tried to twist it, like I did the pla, pla+, and Peteg frames and this one NEVER broke, nor cracked..
I'm definatly going to check out the 3D printer classes offered.

Exactly what Michelle said. Take your time and figure out what you want to print. Then look at what type of filament you'll need to print it, then what type of printer that will print with that filament. I definitely wanted something that printed heavy duty frames, so I got something that uses a hi temp extruder.

If I had it all to do over again, the one option that would be on top of my list would be a self leveling plate. Every time I change my extruder I have to re level the plate.. PITA

Also one that had both hi temp and low temp extruders installed at the same time, and you didn't have to physically change them

BenchiesGoBoom (formerly @twoaallday) printed this. Where are the layer lines ? Can’t see em. This is the quality we all seek when 3d printing. I am soooo impressed. FTQ to the 100th power.

View attachment 8901

Although This definitely makes me think about thanking his courses at Freedom U.
  • BB19X and printed suppressor height sights
  • Rook rear rails and dimpled pin kit
  • OEM LPK
  • Strike Ark Slide, UPK, mass driver
  • Swampfox green dot optic
  • Olight baldr mini
  • Riptide front rail and locking block
View attachment 8900

If interested that was printed on a Bambu Lab 👈🏼 Link
That one of the nicer Frames I've ever seen...very impressive. What sort of filament was used? looks like nylon and carbon? Gorgeous!!!

Last edited:
They are getting to the quality I may buy one. They would be nice to make reloading die boxes. I would like standard size that is stackable.
Storage boxes, tool organizers and the like are definitely some items that are easy to print with PLA or PLA + . They are great items for beginners to learn about using the printer, slicer options and practice printing skills.

Free files to store your reloading dies

Last edited:
I just got the info on this print for those interested. With any luck maybe Seanie G will come on and start posting here.

Anyway that pistol details are-
The filament he was using is made by Bambulabs and it’s there PA-CF. Also used their Support G filament with a custom settings profile as the interface layer. Settings include printing with a .4mm nozzle and a .16mm layer height.

Exactly what Michelle said. Take your time and figure out what you want to print. Then look at what type of filament you'll need to print it, then what type of printer that will print with that filament. I definitely wanted something that printed heavy duty frames, so I got something that uses a hi temp extruder.

If I had it all to do over again, the one option that would be on top of my list would be a self leveling plate. Every time I change my extruder I have to re level the plate.. PITA

Also one that had both hi temp and low temp extruders installed at the same time, and you didn't have to physically change them
So it looks like you've done all the type of research that I'd do. I'd be interested in hearing what machine you ended up with ... and after having your "new" machine, what machine do wish you had gotten instead ;)

Sometimes it is hard to narrow down a purchase with all the vendor "hype" and user likes/dislikes. It is also hard to determine what features truly have value (self-leveling !!!) No matter what, I'll always do more research to see what the latest features are.

So it looks like you've done all the type of research that I'd do. I'd be interested in hearing what machine you ended up with ... and after having your "new" machine, what machine do wish you had gotten instead ;)

Sometimes it is hard to narrow down a purchase with all the vendor "hype" and user likes/dislikes. It is also hard to determine what features truly have value (self-leveling !!!) No matter what, I'll always do more research to see what the latest features are.
I started off by looking up what the people who were printing guns were using. I ended up reading an article on the top 5 rated 3 D printers and the one I chose was 2 or 3. This year it is actually ranked as #1. I like that fact that it is all self enclosed. When you print a filament that needs more air circulation you can remove 2 side panels, the top, and even the front. I also liked the fact it was one of the bigger printers in its class. I also liked the fact that it can print with all of the filaments out there.

Some printers can only use pla type filaments. Those are great for parts and knick knacks, but I'm interested in printing frames, and not ones you toss after 1000 rounds. This printer has a hi temp extruder that you can put in, comes with it, and allows you to print nylon, and carbon, which is the heavy duty filament that you want for frames

It's very easy to use, has a large color screen, connects to my computer via Wi-Fi, or you can use a thumb drive. I'm not that savvy when it comes to computers and I was printing within 90 minutes of unpacking.

What do I wish it had? An automatic leveling plate for sure. Everytime you change the extruder you have to relevel the plate. It's just adjusting 3 screws but it's kind of a PITA, Also I'd like a printer that had dual extruder. That way you don't have to change them out, and you can use different filament to build and a different one for bracing.

Other than those 2 things, I'm pretty happy with it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230126-081323_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-081323_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Back