M5/M4 builds on the way

Stephen G

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Getting excited- Receivers will be here tuesday.
Aero Precision M5 anodized green receiver set. Havent decided on the handguard yet.
18 " Faxon Big gunner 308
Aero Precision adjustable gas block
Hyperfire designated marksmen fcg
Timber creek charger
Aero Precision M4 anodized Kodiak brown receiver/handguard.
18" Faxon Match heavy fluted 223
Aero Precision adjustable gas block
Timber creek charger
Geissele 2stage

Had to shop around to find everything in matching finishes. Will be adding 243 for M5 in future.
The 223 will be my designated varmint rifle with a thermal scope.

Its going to be a busy week for the dawg, I got all of'em stopping by next couple days. All with instruction to leave inside fence at side door. LMAO
Its the little thangs
61185.jpeg
1669744829346.jpg

My killer poo dog has nailed her first UPS driver, Put him on his back.
She didn't hurt him just knocked him down. The word is out, watch out for Kujo.

Not sure what it is but mine HATES Fedex. Absolutely loves our mail lady, mail dude not so much. He will sit and watch UPS drivers drop packages inside gate. Well as long as they dont go more then the trash can. Awesome when new guy makes delivery. Lmao
Fedex? 100lbs of hate trying to climb 6foot fence from the moment they pull up. Last fedex driver asked if he could give him a treat, told him sure just sign a waiver as my dog is attempting to lift the latch on gate.

Not sure what it is but mine HATES Fedex. Absolutely loves our mail lady, mail dude not so much. He will sit and watch UPS drivers drop packages inside gate. Well as long as they dont go more then the trash can. Awesome when new guy makes delivery. Lmao
Fedex? 100lbs of hate trying to climb 6foot fence from the moment they pull up. Last fedex driver asked if he could give him a treat, told him sure just sign a waiver as my dog is attempting to lift the latch on gate.
If my dog doesnt like someone, that's good enuf for me. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I've seen and heard enough to trust the instincts of my dog over the word of some random delivery person....however there are those times my dog is just being a dick for no apparent reason....those are fun to watch

Mine loves to straight up punk people. Super sweet dog provided you dont touch me or come straight at me with anything in your hands- that much was taught. Loves for people to love him. BUUTTTT only if you ignore him when he starts his shit. Just start lovin him alls good, he will prance around like a garden fairy. Pause, hesitate, god forbid step back he will put his snout on your pecker and make the ground tremble with all 100lbs in a low tone growl. Its hilarious. I have NO clue where he learned it. I get on to him and gets all sulky. Purebred asshole.

Mine loves to straight up punk people. Super sweet dog provided you dont touch me or come straight at me with anything in your hands- that much was taught. Loves for people to love him. BUUTTTT only if you ignore him when he starts his shit. Just start lovin him alls good, he will prance around like a garden fairy. Pause, hesitate, god forbid step back he will put his snout on your pecker and make the ground tremble with all 100lbs in a low tone growl. Its hilarious. I have NO clue where he learned it. I get on to him and gets all sulky. Purebred asshole.

Hahahaha...us dog lovers call that "personality"

Went with the Superlative adjustable gas block on the M5. Not sure why, but something just ate at me
Really liking the magpul K2 XL pistol grip. Really comfortable, tons less angle on my wrist.

Hahahahaha...Daddy..stop playing with your silly guns and pay attention to me!!!
guns looking sharp bro! diggin on that green color

If I have to sit here and stare at these things so do you.
:(
Waiting on a ride as always
20230127_132538.jpg

Those are a very nice set. Got me wanting to know about the inspiration for your M5 Build, so I dug-up this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTZRCEh1Czg

Given the choice, while I would take the gas-piston style setup every day of the week over the traditional direct-impingement "AR" type gas system, I overall prefer the .308 and have ZERO interest in the 80,000psi special M5 cartridge, nor would I personally own an SBR (which the M5 is).

Awesome work, keep us updated!

The Sig is interesting indeed. I like the direction, but not sold on it. Lack of adjustment in gas, small gas portz and that stupid stock are top of my complaints.
Piston is just what WORKS, Ill never give my FAL, but it does have serious faults. Mostly in the limitations of ammunition able to fired in it. The design of the tilting bolt/ friction lock limits it to around 150gr projectiles and accuracy is limited. I have couple 16" FALs, I could NOT even imagine WTF a shorter barrel would benefit in any situation. Except maybe increasing post concussive syndrome and PTSD cases. Waste of ammunition!
I looked into doing a piston M5 but the cost was just too high for my use. The minute they develop a good retro kit, this joker will be swapped.
I believe they need to focus on the 6.5cal for a service rifle. Its just the right choice IMO. 556 is good for gophers. I think the Grendel is the shit and some focus on ammunition development would cement that. Im getting multiple rounds on moving targets at 400+ yards and under 8lbs with optics. Annnyyywaayy
I built this for Smackdown BBQ hunts mostly. We sit up on a couple fields, drink coffee, cook stuff and talk shit while waiting for ????? To show up. Mostly hogs an coyotes out to 1000yds. Basically a bunch of Rednecks doing Redneck shit lol. I dont know what a 6.5 grendel would do to a 300+ lb hog at that distance, I believe its limits for that is under 500yds. A 170 gr ELD or similar will field dress him on impact LMAO. Slap take him off his feet.
I may suppress it 1 day and Im hoping the Superlative GB lends to reduce face gas but only time will tell.
I went with the anodized because I think it look's fancy and my 20" Grendel is just black. I like to be envied at our gatherings lol. Im looking at developing a tiger stripe cerakote for them.

Back