Ted Nugent: 'Who the hell doesn't know this?'

Ah the draft dodger with a jailbait problem…what a celebrated pinnacle of wisdom.

Last edited:
I'm a veteran who served voluntarily (and ended up in the Persian Gulf). But I certainly can understand doing just about anything to avoid being drafted to serve as cannon fodder in Vietnam.

:oops: @Alpa Chino , Ad-Hominem much? :rolleyes: IS HE WRONG??
What you say and what you’ve done in the past or still do know needs to be somewhat coincident otherwise you’re just disingenuous.
You can’t call others unpatriotic with that in your past.

Last edited:
What you say and what you’ve done in the past or still do know needs to be somewhat coincident otherwise you’re just disingenuous.
People can't change? Or have regrets? I don't know if he regrets it. Maybe not.

But I also cannot say with conviction that avoiding draft service in Vietnam is "unpatriotic." And I consider myself QUITE "patriotic."

That all said, I don't look up to Nugent as a fountain of wisdom. I certainly agree with him as it pertains to the 2A. And I do find his lack of a filter to be entertaining, especially in this "woke" world.

That is a pretty black-and-white view of people. To hold someone for the worst they have ever done in life and ignoring what they are doing right now.
We all live life as a journey, and we all change and grow as we do. This is kind of like 'canceling' George Washington because he owned slaves. Pointless in my opinion. While I agree Nugent is no more saintly and deserving of reverence than Tom Hanks, my response is the same -are his statements WRONG? I don't see the point in attacking his character (or lack thereof, if you prefer) when what he is saying is A.) correct and honest and B.) in-line with our Community's best-interests and goals. It is another unnecessary negativity and judgement.

People can't change? Or have regrets? I don't know if he regrets it. Maybe not.

But I also cannot say with conviction that avoiding draft service in Vietnam is "unpatriotic." And I consider myself QUITE "patriotic."

That all said, I don't look up to Nugent as a fountain of wisdom. I certainly agree with him as it pertains to the 2A. And I do find his lack of a filter to be entertaining, especially in this "woke" world.
Has he had openly expressed regret?
He was partying like a rockstar and didn’t feel like complying when his Country called upon him, not out of true conviction like Cassius Clay/ Mohammed Ali.
That’s an issue.
He’s a cartoon character and indeed…assclown.

Has he had openly expressed regret?
I have no idea. I don't "follow" him, honestly.

Though, I don't think I'd expect anyone who avoided service in Vietnam to later regret it.

And I see no difference between him and Cassius Clay. Poop your pants... change your name.

I am ambivalent about it and really don't judge either of them on that basis. I can understand not wanting to be DRAFTED to serve in an overseas war with our "national interest" being HIGHLY questionable and near certain death.

In this case.... for this purpose.... I just find him entertaining and don't really care if he pooped his pants to avoid being sent to the other side of the world to die INvoluntarily. That does not diminish my respect for those who went and made the sacrifice... under duress. It is a conundrum, I admit. I tend to think deeply about a lot of things. Sometimes I have to take a break from it. I'm entertained by his unfiltered advocacy for the 2A.

Last edited:
And Elvis bragged regularly about having sex with random 13-14 yr olds in his room backstage and even married one of them.
But Jerry Lee Lewis was destroyed for marrying his under aged 3rd/4th cousin- which was common at the time and several congressmen/ senators did also.

I attended 3 weddings in Fort Lauderdale of friends that required a permission slip from their parents and a judge to sign off on it. 1 was underage male.

Also has always been Anti Drug always.
By action and statement

Last edited:
Cartoonish characters like him make people in the middle take our arguments not serious.

We've got plenty of "serious" advocates in the public arena. Nugent is barely on the radar, IMO. I think he's funny. That's all.

I like Colion Noir. What do you think about him?

He’s one of my favorite 2A ‘influencers’ although I don’t watch a lot of his reviews

I wonder if folks forget, Ted is an entertainer. "The Motor City Madman" "Gonzo".

He has been doing that for what, close to 60 years? I guess some folks, are a bit younger, and only know Uncle Ted, as a loud mouth, shit talking old man....that likes guns.

I wasn't much of a Nugent fan, I did go see him once, in 1978, at the Oakland Coliseum, Day on the Green. What I didn't know at that time, was Ted didn't drink, or do drugs, and was an avid bow hunter, and "outdoors-man" Crazy for a rocker of the time.

There is room for his 'Shtick" Always two middle fingers up, full speed, pointing out the soulless, scum sucking pigs, pedophile, rapist overlords.

One of my favorite Nuge tunes.

View: https://youtu.be/mrUH9pGk90w

That’s a good song actually, very ‘Moody Blues’.

pointing out the soulless, scum sucking pigs, pedophile, rapist overlords.
Such as who?
:rolleyes:

Back