5D Tactical beating Rook Tactical to the universal-80%-pistol-jig-punch?

Competition is always good in the marketplace. Drives pricing and innovation. I’ve been a big proponent of Rook’s parts (and use them).

That being said, I’ve sent a few queries their way over the last few months, one of which is regarding a recent order I received about 10 days ago in which the product listed should be more clearly labeled (non LCI) on their site, and I get no response…and I haven’t been the least bit rude or norty in either case…and I even sent a follow-up a few days ago to reach out. Crickets

And, in both instances of my queries in the last 6 mos, I’ve received silence. Nothing. One may have been an oversight, but two (and now 3) occasions speaks otherwise.

So I’m looking elsewhere from now on.

Last edited:
Competition is always good in the marketplace. Drives pricing and innovation. I’ve been a big proponent of Rook’s parts (and use them).

That being said, I’ve sent a few queries their way over the last few months, one of which is regarding a recent order I received about 10 days ago in which the product listed should be more clearly labeled (non LCI) on their site, and I get no response…and I haven’t been the least bit rude or norty in either case…and I even sent a follow-up a few days ago to reach out. Crickets

And, in both instances of my queries in the last 6 mos, I’ve received silence. Nothing. One may have been an oversight, but two (and now 3) occasions speaks otherwise.

So I’m looking elsewhere from now on.
Customer service is always key. So I'm assuming I'm never gonna hear from them either 🙄

I have a tough time reconciling the cost. I don't think the metal jig is overpriced. I simply ask myself how many 80% am I going to build? I have no issues with the plastic jigs. I use a small hobby drill press. Similar to the Dremel.

I have a tough time reconciling the cost. I don't think the metal jig is overpriced. I simply ask myself how many 80% am I going to build? I have no issues with the plastic jigs. I use a small hobby drill press. Similar to the Dremel.
That's the way I am looking at it right now. I have reused a jig several times with no problem. While I have some frames that were without a jig, I have many more jigs than I need even for just a double use of them. Now if the a jig made by the same company as the 80% was outlawed, I could obviously see a lot of value in the product. Time will tell.

Back