80% Jig?

NCShooter

Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Is the 5D jig for metal lowers the goto? I'm considering buying 3 raw lowers from 1 vendor & a jig for doing it. Given the time frame I prob won't build more than 3. 😥

5d and 80%Arms seem to be the go to's... I've had my 80%Arms jig for 6-7 years now and have built many without complaint

Second post in this thread shows the three popular, and nearly identical, router jigs. 5D seems to be the most popular, maybe since they have good sales now and then. My 5D has been great.

Is the 5D jig for metal lowers the goto? I'm considering buying 3 raw lowers from 1 vendor & a jig for doing it. Given the time frame I prob won't build more than 3. 😥
What does the time frame have to do with how many you build. Buy a bunch now and finish them as needed.

And unless you have plans to Cerakote, why raw over anodized? The price difference is not that great to where you could pay to have them finished.

I have the 5D jig and it works great. Capable of doing AR9, AR15, and AR10 if you buy the extra parts.

What does the time frame have to do with how many you build. Buy a bunch now and finish them as needed.

And unless you have plans to Cerakote, why raw over anodized? The price difference is not that great to where you could pay to have them finished.

I have the 5D jig and it works great. Capable of doing AR9, AR15, and AR10 if you buy the extra parts.
Well, finances for 1 on the time frame. Just not enough $$ to buy 2-3 & the jig + more. Lot of out of pocket up front..
Also, just unsure if I'd be able to get more later

Last edited:
Well, finances for 1 on the time frame. Just not enough $$ to buy 2-3 & the jig + more. Lot of out of pocket up front..
Also, just unsure if I'd be able to get more later
You don't have an associate who might want to go halves on the jig? The more you cut, the more you get from your investment.

You don't have an associate who might want to go halves on the jig? The more you cut, the more you get from your investment.
True. Got a guy or 2 at work that may would go in

Same goes for the lowers. Go in on a 5 pack of lowers and save over the single price and save on everyone paying shipping on one lower.

5D good to go! I purchased the whole jig kit that included router, bits, end mill and adapter for AR10's. So far, after 4 builds (2AR15, 1 AR9 and 1 AR10) the router functions well and still on same end mill ( I make half cuts to reduce wear on mill) The bits are another story. They don't last very long, especially the one for the pilot hole.

I also purchased an additional end mill, and screw set just in case in the future they become hard to find.

Last edited:
Back