Product Review Advantage Arms 22LR Mag Mod and Red Dot installed

Mooner

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
*from MGB forum*

The 22lr built was for when I take a beginner to the range, but I just love shooting this kit. AA 22lr kit is a picky eater. Lately, I am only feeding CCI mini mag but would like to feed bulk 22lr ammo. I did some reading and found some interesting mod.

How to make your Advantage Arms Glock 22 conversion eat anything

Removed material from magazine lips to help with extraction.
Feedback looks all positive… OH~ I'm gonna have to try this.

8iTTHcr2vBMDAhh6BzgzcMyMDBIzMLnH6tjHm2Sp2FpliHDbvEzPsXE6D8dbFVNSaMPUmqj7nKAFwSO5FQn41FCk1_ejZN25CK1QTQW5aLeQD0eW-oKTDh3Bc5WoERpNMcwuaCuB

How to build a Glock 22lr trainer with a Red dot

Another interesting mod, installing red dot on AA 22lr kit.
Looking into milling AA slides, from all the reading, it is not possible.
Basically not enough material on the AA slide.
Dovetail mount will be the only option.
(Dovetail mount was too tight, had to sand it down a little)

DPP Titanium Dovetail Mount 407K/507K,Shield RMS,Romeo Zero

I compared the weight of some popular RDS.
Went with Crimson Trace CTS only because it was the cheapest.

AA 22LR 19/22 kit assembly weight in at 9.14oz
AA 22LR kit with RDS+Mount weight in at 10.03 oz

EySoYHELihhPwFdIPkvPrcEJzkAaNDgJlpXIrTFEbQlYmWQLksd_oSLMl5yV-5xb41PW8MhRy9gGN9tLPen395bYZWL7ZYiI74wT_u0I616Tdp7cH0t0uT9bWEv_oao3VcvfnU8B

I have CCI mini mag, CCI Standard, Winchester , Norma tac-22 ammo.
AA 22lr kit didn't like Winchester, jammed 50%...
Will see if this mod helps or not.
Maybe window cuts on AA slide will lighten the slide, not even sure if that's good idea or not.

T6FpaNPiVM8ZBxkUnM351PK7yoI6cV-VRu6cD9eE57RVPwbx3AVXgQ9y6fN6WbqvOlTUu6yuwrfLhe-bpzq97vxCvpkhr2OgJ9fgB65doSFXduXCQfJYO51fCAu_n-wFsDVHXxqA

Update: Conversion Kits For Glock - New version has optic cut, threaded barrel, and 15 rd mag

Our MOD series is meant to fit Glock 19/23 Gen4 /Gen 5 and includes two 15 round magazines, a 4.5" threaded barrel, a range bag, and a recessed cut for a variety of red dot* options.

1664156692144.png

Update: Two Tone gradient color attempt on 1776 supply co's crazy $50 frame sale.

SC with Gen 5 Trigger Group with AA 26 Kit

1662672652561.png

Last edited:
Range report:

Cci mini mag - no issue as expected
Cci standard - no issue, pleasantly surprised
Norma 40gb RN - no issue
Winchester HP - jammed a lot

Haven't gotten bulk ammo to try, they cost as much as cci standard if I can find any online.

Ammo tip: Official CCI site has mini mag n standard for sell and in-stock usually.
Free shipping over $100, 10 max per item.

$0.109 per round, 1k mix of mini mag n standard (y)

Screenshot_20220308-215703_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!! I’ve been contemplating a Glock 44. I wasn’t even aware of these and really appreciate the information. Their (AA) site doesn’t recommend their slides for Polymer 80 but both of yours above are clearly P80. Besides the enjoyment of building and having a non-FFL purchase - would you recommend the conversion kit and P80 frame or just as good or better to go with G44? Seems the price of a G44 currently is less than conversion combo? Pros or cons? Thoughts? Thanks, much!!

Their (AA) site doesn’t recommend their slides for Polymer 80 but both of yours above are clearly P80
I can only guess this policy is for legal reasons. if it is compatible with Glock it is compatible with the P80 frame. I have seen many happy members with AA kit and P80 frame.

as for Glock 44, never tried one. I believe Mr Bapegg has one if my memories serve me right.

Paging @bapegg once again we need your expertise :)

Personally, I love this setup. It was intended for a new shooter but now I love it too.

I must have bad eyes not seeing where the feed lips are filed down do you have a better photo?

Great right-up. I love shooting my 22s all the time. I defiantly will be trying the mag mod. Thanks!!

On my first AA conversion I put a cheap red dot on a dove plate. Works great for these old wore out eyes.

That feed lip mod is similar to what I did to my Tac-Sol conversion. The left lip needs to be lowered just a hair to keep the case from hitting it and getting rotated out from under the extractor prematurely.
Nice work on getting it to run.

I must have bad eyes not seeing where the feed lips are filed down do you have a better photo?
Sorry my picture is not very clear. Let me copy image from the article I linked.

1657062926423.png

Very nice!! I’ve been contemplating a Glock 44. I wasn’t even aware of these and really appreciate the information. Their (AA) site doesn’t recommend their slides for Polymer 80 but both of yours above are clearly P80. Besides the enjoyment of building and having a non-FFL purchase - would you recommend the conversion kit and P80 frame or just as good or better to go with G44? Seems the price of a G44 currently is less than conversion combo? Pros or cons? Thoughts? Thanks, much!!
Love the G44. For reasons, most Glocks never FTF, the G44 must be clean, proper ammo and ammo loaded in mag correctly to be flawless. Until I got it right I did the drills on clearing a FTF. Great practice and I know what to do if a problem occurs.

I want a .22 with a red dot, G44's are lacking in that regard.
Just picked up a Dagger and AA's 22 slide with a Red dot cutout.

Thanks Mooner for those tips, my slide is dragging on the mag.

Last edited:
Tried Dryerase Marker, black is no bueno.
Going to get a white one.
Measured once, no matter how many times I cut, it was still too short, go figure.

Does anyone have a new mag from AA?
Surely they have updated their design after all these years?

Does anyone have a new mag from AA?
Surely they have updated their design after all these years?
I have new AA 26 Kit. Magazine is same square profile.

The article was from 2011. General rule of thumb, a company don't improve the product line unless it save them money. Plus, it works good enuf with CCI Mini-Mag and other HV ammo, so they don't.

I take it this will help the bulk pack .22 to eject?

Last edited:
Early 2022 mags have the material removed from magazine lips.

Last edited:
from the article
You only need to remove a little bit... enough so that it's not in the way when the bullet is being extracted.
Before and After
1664288793008.png
1664288829623.png

Back