AR style 10mm

D232A

Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
I feel maybe this is a dumb question, but Ive never been one to shy away from asking dumb questions :ROFLMAO:

Anyway... I know they make AR style or AR-9's that use Glock mags and fire 9mm rounds.

After a very quick search on PSA I did not see anything that you may be able to make an AR style 10mm. Is that because they dont exist, or they just arent main stream enough for PSA, or maybe I just didnt look hard enough(my wife has accused me of that more than once), or maybe they do exist and they are just a higher end thing than something that PSA sells?

Here's an AR pattern CMMG Banshee:

The buffer tube on a pistol bugs me. Another option to ditch the receiver extension is the B&T APC10. 😍

Sadly a Form 1 would be necessary to really get the best use out of either gun. 😔

AR 10 build kits :)

<EDIT>
Here's the AR-10MM kits I meant to post 😊

Last edited:
The Banshee's are pricey, but seem to function well.
Reports I've read say it's hard on the brass though and split cases are common.

I know they exist, I have seen parts out there. I wanted one too, but couldn't take the necessary steps to track one down AND fund it -MechTech offers a 10mm carbine upper that attaches to various pistol-frames -Glock, 1911, and XDM. They are blow-back operated, and weigh a ton, but in 10mm that isn't necessarily a bad thing. They shoot well, and are reliable from my experience. Not an AR, but may be something to consider, and a lot customized options are offered. Happy to answer any questions if this interests you.

I know they exist, I have seen parts out there. I wanted one too, but couldn't take the necessary steps to track one down AND fund it -MechTech offers a 10mm carbine upper that attaches to various pistol-frames -Glock, 1911, and XDM. They are blow-back operated, and weigh a ton, but in 10mm that isn't necessarily a bad thing. They shoot well, and are reliable from my experience. Not an AR, but may be something to consider, and a lot customized options are offered. Happy to answer any questions if this interests you.

Ditto... MechTech's are pretty solid, albeit rather heavy. But, if they make a 10mm, then it will very likely work just fine. Not an AR, more like a STEN gun in semi-auto design. Really heavy bolt and a spring that looks like it belongs in a motorcycle fork tube. I've had two over the years, one very early production with a welded steel stock that I sold off, and a second that I still have with a collapsable stock. Both work very well.

Back