Automatic Gun Safe Light

no4mk1t

Mega-Patriot!
Exchange Privileges
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Bought these a few years ago. Motion sensor turns light on when you open the safe. Goes off after 15 seconds of no movement.
Very Bright. Pack of 2 for $35.
3 AAA alkaline batteries last at least a year.
I ended up putting another one above the shelf.

1646514234809.jpeg

Magnet or screw mounting.
1646514368019.jpeg

1646515258616.png

That is extreamly helpful @Michele. I have been looking for one of these to put in my Long Gun safe.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

This looks pretty slick! What are the dimensions? I went to the midway site and didn't see them listed.

@no4mk1t Thanks for the gun safe light suggestion! I am going to pick up a couple.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

E0639A60-0360-4F97-95E2-58B566C0EF61.jpeg

I have these exact LED motion detector lights in my safes, and they are great. If I leave the door open too much, and I keep walking by the batteries do tend to run down. They also make a larger version (twice the size) of this Lockdown light that is push switch operated and really lights up the interior. I found mine at the local Sportsman Warehouse.

I also always seem to need more light in my safes as my eyes get older. I originally just used the cheap LED light switches from Harbor Freight. They worked well, but I was always turning them on and forgetting to turn off. Now with the Lockdown motion dectector lights, I have kept the cheap ones in the safes for additional lighting just when needed.
95887536-4ABA-4FC1-A54E-9D7617AA9C24.jpeg

Very cool light going to have to try them in the middle of the night you might not want to turn the overhead light on when SHTF.

Bought these a few years ago. Motion sensor turns light on when you open the safe. Goes off after 15 seconds of no movement.

View attachment 461

View attachment 465
View attachment 471
Thanks! I just ordered 2 sets....and some bullets. I can't go to that site without buying something for reloading. Sure wish primers were plentiful.

View attachment 461

View attachment 465
View attachment 471
I can vouch for these too! I get a pair from midwayusa & they are great! I use them in my long gun safe.

And they're on sale right now for $23.75/2pk.

Back