Desert Eagle L6

Bongo Lewi

Mega-Patriot!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Damn. A lighter, new model announced. Built in brake.

I have been tempted by the Baby but decided I’d need to sell something first. The Baby Eagle reminds me of the CZ a little.

Anyway… The Deagle is a sort of a novelty gun and worth keeping as part of a collection. I’ll wait on credible reviews of the L6. Substantially less weight would be a positive improvement over the XIX.

Damn. A lighter, new model announced. Built in brake.

I have been tempted by the Baby but decided I’d need to sell something first. The Baby Eagle reminds me of the CZ a little.

Anyway… The Deagle is a sort of a novelty gun and worth keeping as part of a collection. I’ll wait on credible reviews of the L6. Substantially less weight would be a positive improvement over the XIX.
The Baby is indeed a CZ pattern pistol. It used to be made in Israel like the first Desert Eagles. There was a time, before anybody knew about CZ style pistols, when these were available for $200 at gun shows. Magnum Research was having a difficult time moving them. All steel and tough as nails. If you run across a used Baby Eagle, snap it up. That new fangled plastic stuff doesn't appeal to me in this pistol.

I'm kind of torn between the Baby Eagle and the XiX alloy framed L6. My two XIX DE's are steel framed.

I'm a CZ fan. The slide riding inside the frame and other design elements make the CZ feel like it's on ball bearings. I'm intrigued by the former IMI DE handguns (now Kahr). I agree that the polymer Baby is no fun at all. I'm. also a big BUL fan. They made the DE and other handguns under contract. My BUL 1911's and double stacks are in my opinion the best made non-custom 1911s on the market. The quality is impeccable.

Last edited:
Look for the Made in Israel roll mark. The old Magnum Research imported them under several names. I think my pistol was IWI imported by MR.

Yes, the slide to frame fit is something to behold. I remember long ago, the Bren 10 was based on the CZ75 because they felt it was the only design strong enough for the 10mm.

Back