Tutorial Diagnostic photos for P80 builds - examples:

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
I thought I posted a dedicated thread for this, but apparently not. So here we go. If I'm missing some shots that would be helpful, let me know.

Here are some example photos for those builders who are looking for help diagnosing problems.
Make sure you have good / bright lighting and that the photos are sharply focused.

Field Stripped:​

Frame-left.jpg
Frame-right.jpg

Frame-rear.jpg
Frame-rear-oblique.jpg
Frame-top.jpg

Slide with barrel 2.jpg

Channel and rail shots!​

Gold-Dazzle-Build-Channel.jpg
Slide-lock-1.jpg

PGB-channel-and-rails.jpg

Assembled:​

20230205_193959[1].jpg
20230205_194037[1].jpg
20230205_195214[1].jpg

Sear Engagement with Armorer's Slide Backplate​

Comparison between aftermarket (Polymer80) and OEM (Glock) parts. On the bottom, I used photoshop to color in the uncovered sear to help novice know where to look:
Sear engagement before - after.jpg

This is nearly 100% (99%?) engagement. You can use a flashlight to help light up the interior for the photo:
20230205_195928[1].jpg

Another way to effectively capture a good view of the sear engagement is to take the photo slightly off-angle, instead of straight on. Use a flashlight to illuminate it.
1683807586034.png

Last edited:
Huh -yeah I thought we had that already here too... Oh, yeah, I think we did... Never mind.:cautious:

Depending on the problem, we might also need to see direct side-shots with the slide installed, and again with the slide racked-back. Another pic from the elevated rear/right into the chamber to clearly see the feed-ramp with the slide installed and racked-back is a commonly needed view, again depending on the problem. VERY important in a large percentage of issues, is a good shot under an Armorer's back-plate showing Sear Engagement clearly -we would like to think such pictures and diagnostics of that area aren't needed anymore, but they definitely are...

Nice job putting this back together for us. And thanks for Pinning it too.;)

we might also need to see direct side-shots with the slide installed, and again with the slide racked-back. Another pic from the elevated rear/right into the chamber to clearly see the feed-ramp with the slide installed and racked-back is a commonly needed view, again depending on the problem. VERY important in a large percentage of issues, is a good shot under an Armorer's back-plate showing Sear Engagement clearly

Ah, yes! I'll get on those. I knew I was forgetting some.

Last edited:
Did you review the comments from the Original Thread where you asked for input?

Gosh, wish I woulda jumped on purchasing a real 80%er when they were available, and not settled for a 76er...šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜«šŸ˜ šŸ¤¬

Last edited:
Gosh, wish I woulda jumped on purchasing a real 80%er when they were available, and not settled for a 76er...šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜«šŸ˜ šŸ¤¬
The good news is the "real 80%ers" are back! They are available directly from Polymer80 or their authorized retailers and for decent prices, too! They've been back for at least several weeks due to P80 joining the court case against the Ay-Tee-Eff which currently has issued an injunction against the 80% ban.

Thanks for joining the forum and participating by posting! When you get a chance, please write up a quick ā€œintroductionā€ (or RE-introduction if you were a former MGB forum member) of yourself over in the Introduce Yourself! section. Tell us about yourself, your building experience, and how you found the forum.

Jump into other threads, too! Come on in... the water's fine! šŸ˜Š

I thought I posted a dedicated thread for this, but apparently not. So here we go. If I'm missing some shots that would be helpful, let me know.

Here are some example photos for those builders who are looking for help diagnosing problems. Make sure you have good / bright lighting and that the photos are sharply focused.

Field Stripped:​

View attachment 8962View attachment 8965

View attachment 8963View attachment 8964View attachment 8966
View attachment 8968

Channel and rail shots!​

View attachment 8967View attachment 8969
View attachment 10564

Assembled:​

View attachment 9229View attachment 9230View attachment 9231

Sear Engagement with Armorer's Slide Backplate​

Comparison between aftermarket (Polymer80) and OEM (Glock) parts. On the bottom, I used photoshop to color in the uncovered sear to help novice know where to look:
View attachment 9233

This is nearly 100% (99%?) engagement. You can use a flashlight to help light up the interior for the photo:
View attachment 9232

Another way to effectively capture a good view of the sear engagement is to take the photo slightly off-angle, instead of straight on. Use a flashlight to illuminate it.
View attachment 11038

Last edited:
Back