Drop test question

Red-f40

Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Hello all
Like when building a P80 I always drop test my p320 builds. My big question is how can you be sure it passes the drop test. I drop it from 6 to 7 feet in the air on some catalogs load with dummy rounds and afterwards the trigger clicks. On a Sig p320 though if you pull the trigger and just pull it back a 5.26mm it will reset. this happens on all my builds. How do you know it didn't fire considering the slide does move when you drop it on it's back end? Oh and I know there's a sear disconnect on the new Sigs p320 parts kits when the slide moves and makes it where the striker won't fire

View: https://youtu.be/HpIw-Ub8sp8
Thanks

I'm not the end-all be-all of 320 stuff, but what I've seen In videos is the 320 drop-tested sides, muzzle first drop, grip first drop, etc....and it's been the grip-first drop that generally produced discharges....seems the inertia/momentum from the trigger itself would move said trigger backwards and fire the weapon... if it was one of those prone to fire without the SIG "warranty fix". Not necessarily the answer you're looking for, but I've no personal exp with the 320.

Back