Tip! Engraving Your Serial Number

no4mk1t

Mega-Patriot!
Exchange Privileges
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Back in the day, before desktop computer label makers were available, one of the things I did at work was make the placards for the electrical disconnects throughout the plant. We had an ancient Green 106 engraver for this task. The Green was retired more than 15 years ago in favor of the quicker and easier vinyl label maker. I was told several times to trash the Green, but I never seemed to get around to it.

So when I started building P80's, I remembered the Green and dug it out and dusted it off. This is what I have used to number all my builds.
If you can find one cheap, with the brass number/letter templates, it is a nifty way to number your builds.
This is what the Green looks like.
1647738595639.jpeg

This is the results. I call this build, "Jenny". :cool:
1647738663256.jpeg

This is the results. I call this build, "Jenny"

I see what you did there! Ha!

Jenny, Jenny... you're the gun for me.
Oh, you don't know me, but you make me so happy

I see what you did there! Ha!

Jenny, Jenny... you're the gun for me.
Oh, you don't know me, but you make me so happy
Makes it easy to remember. ;)

Back in the day, before desktop computer label makers were available, one of the things I did at work was make the placards for the electrical disconnects throughout the plant. We had an ancient Green 106 engraver for this task. The Green was retired more than 15 years ago in favor of the quicker and easier vinyl label maker. I was told several times to trash the Green, but I never seemed to get around to it.

So when I started building P80's, I remembered the Green and dug it out and dusted it off. This is what I have used to number all my builds.
If you can find one cheap, with the brass number/letter templates, it is a nifty way to number your builds.
This is what the Green looks like.
View attachment 1181

This is the results. I call this build, "Jenny". :cool:
View attachment 1182
I like it! That takes me back.

I think on my nice one I’m go put BR549.

Back