G26/43 Optic ready slides.

Qbassophone

Reaction score
I've noticed that there aren't any slides that has the optic in the rear of the slide (irons in front of the optic) for the G26 or G43. At least none that I've seen.

Are there any reasons for this besides demand?

I believe their are not enuf demand for that model and config. You will need to buy without optic cut and send off to custom milling vendor.

Maybe on slides that short having the rear sight in front of the optic would put it too close to the front sight to be effective. I dunno but that'd be my guess.

The length of the slides from the breechface backwards are the same between a G26 and G19...hence they share the same internal slide parts back there, save for the RSA up front; so the RED DOT SIGHT has the same amt of real estate to sit on, topside behind the ejection port.

FWIW, It seems that if you were to take a circular snapshot of, say a G17 or G19, that encapsulates the slide's front of the ejection port, trigger guard, and down to the magazine release, those basic dimensions are shared by G17, 19, 26, etc. Where they differ is in length of barrel/slide, frame, and grip. So it seems that Gaston used the same dimensions in that area to base the rest of each variant on. For example, I can put a G26, 19, or 17 into a G26 open-ended kydex holster just fine. That back part of the frame (triggerguard, and aft and below) is like the foundational part of the Glock doublestack build. Kinda why the G26 will also take G19 or 17 mags. (and LPK's cover many different models. Now, I have no idea about the Glock single stackers...so I can't speak to those.

Same here, especially since it's cut for the RMRcc
oh gosh :eek:didn't even check the footprint. too rich for my broke ass šŸ˜‚.
What would that be asking for future me after hitting the lottery... little less than 1k for just a stripped norso slide n RMRcc ?

Back