G26 build…differences in trigger bars?

Less than 1000 rounds.
958FE67B-E10E-44CF-B9D6-2DB70329E8F5.jpeg

Just me but I like a heavy trigger in my carry/pocket guns.
During the height of the parts shortages, when Connectors were going for outrageous prices and good vendors didn't even have them available, I ended up with an 8# Connector. For self edification, I also tried a NY1 Trigger Spring. It felt as if I was going to bend or break something before that trigger would move!:ROFLMAO: Of course the NY1 came back out, but even still I didn't care for the feel of the 8#, BUT that wasn't in a pocket-pistol either, I completely agree that an EDC shouldn't typically go with light triggers. In an actual defensive-use 'event', no one will CARE what the trigger feels like o how smooth it is. Train with it and you will shoot it well without 'twisting' your grip. And I 100% agree again, a heavier trigger can indeed make it just a little safer.;)

To each his own. I haven’t any good luck with Polymer80 LPK. I do think their UKP are a little better. I’ve their fire pin brake on 3 guns.
This is an example, the strikers I received with my Polymer 80 UPK's were billet steel. How in the world could you break 3 of them. (I assume you meant break).
In my entire 35 years building and modding pistols including Glock clones, 1911's, and S&W revolvers, I haven't broken 3 firing pins total!

Last edited:
This is an example, the strikers I received with my Polymer 80 UPK's were billet steel. How in the world could you break 3 of them. (I assume you meant break).
In my entire 35 years building and modding pistols including Glock clones, 1911's, and S&W revolvers, I haven't broken 3 firing pins total!
I’ve been at it about the same time and never broke one, Until I started using aftermarket parts. I don’t see how you were the only one not having problems.

I’ve been at it about the same time and never broke one, Until I started using aftermarket parts. I don’t see how you were the only one not having problems.
Admit it those were NOT 3 Polymer 80 firing pins as you said.

You guys are lumping all aftermarket parts together which is totally unfair and deceptive.

Admit it those were NOT 3 Polymer 80 firing pins as you said.
You have issues my friend. I admit that I bought three complete slides from Polymer80 and all 3 Suffered firing, pin failure. It speaks to your character that you never believe what people say on this form.I am not Putting all aftermarket parts together. I’m talking about Polymer80 parts. I do have a 17 With Polymer80 upper parts kit that I have had no problem with. If you say, you have no problem with the reports, I’m happy for you, but at the same time, don’t accuse me of lying. I have no agenda Except to share my experiences. It appears that you like confrontation. There is too much drama in this world to worry about petty shit like this.

You have issues my friend. I admit that I bought three complete slides from Polymer80 and all 3 Suffered firing, pin failure. It speaks to your character that you never believe what people say on this form.I am not Putting all aftermarket parts together. I’m talking about Polymer80 parts. I do have a 17 With Polymer80 upper parts kit that I have had no problem with. If you say, you have no problem with the reports, I’m happy for you, but at the same time, don’t accuse me of lying. I have no agenda Except to share my experiences. It appears that you like confrontation. There is too much drama in this world to worry about petty shit like this.
Just another example of an extreme number of failures on this forum. I can't offer an explanation because have never experienced this on other forums.
The only explanation I can give to having few issues on my builds is, I research products and inspect parts before installation, and I am a good technician.
There are hundreds of parts on tne market superior to Glock parts. ie: sights, barrels, triggers, RSA's, strikers, extractors, I could go on. I'll bet you have all or many of these aftermarket parts on your builds.
I was burned on the very first Glock pistol I bought in 1990. First the weekend rear sight fell apart the first range session. Next the trigger pull was rough. I disassembled the lower to find the connector faced deeply marred. This experience made me suspicious of Glock quality ever since. I still have this early Gen 2 in new condition because I refused to shoot it for years. Definitely NOT perfection.
However, to read a lot of these posts people are lead to believe only Glock parts will do, which is patently absurd.
As to a decision to use OEM parts that, as I've said, is a personal choice. I just wish some forum members were more openminded and didn't dismiss all other parts as poor quality and lecture others who use them, because it just isn't true.
I assure you I have no issues.......my friend.

I can't offer an explanation because have never experienced this on other forums.
You should go check out the P80 Reddit group! It will curl your hair! This "channel" was captioned, "Is this good?"
1669658865656.png

and I am a good technician.
No doubt about that. Not everyone is as good as you. Keep that in mind. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, myself (in many facets of my life)... and I have to remind myself that expecting that of everyone else is really unreasonable.

Next the trigger pull was rough. I disassembled the lower to find the connector faced deeply marred. This experience made me suspicious of Glock quality ever since.
So, kind of the opposite situation. Most people report their Glocks are reliably flawless. But that doesn't negate your experience, certainly.

I still have this early Gen 2 in new condition because I refused to shoot it for years. Definitely NOT perfection.
My very first pistol was a Gen 2 Glock 19. Circa 1996. I still have it. It has been flawless with an estimated 10k rounds through it. The trigger spring did break at about 9k, though. It cost me $2.12 (no kidding) to have it replaced by the gunsmith onsite, labor included! (That was before I started building. I know how to do that now! :) )

However, to read a lot of these posts people are lead to believe only Glock parts will do, which is patently absurd.
As to a decision to use OEM parts that, as I've said, is a personal choice. I just wish some forum members were more openminded and didn't dismiss all other parts as poor quality and lecture others who use them, because it just isn't true.
First... I haven't seen any such "lectures." Certainly, some have given that advice... but not in the form of a "lecture," from what I can recall.

Likewise, I've not seen anyone suggest that "ONLY Glock parts will do." I think that's a straw man. Again, many have advised that OEM Glock parts are more PREDICTABLE. And with my admittedly and comparatively limited experience, I'd agree they are generally more predictable. I think in the hands of most novices, especially, OEM is going to be more predictable. Of course, OEM is no guarantee. Ultimately, it's in the hands of the builder. I'd bet YOU could make virtually ANY combination of parts work. I mean that as a compliment, of course. :cool:

But, I've also seen other builders here suggest certain aftermarket parts as being good. I seem to recall Rockey Brass being highly recommended. Unfortunately, they could not sustain their business through the period of the new alphabet agency rules.

My friend, @Michele, has chided me (in a good-natured way!) for NOT using the P80 rails and using my skills to make them fit and instead blowing all my ammo money on Rook Tactical rails. ;) One day I'll take her up on the challenge! But, I've had very good luck with OEM parts.

In closing, I don't agree with your assertion that the consensus here is "ONLY OEM will do." The bottom line is whether each of us gets each of our builds up and running. My dad has long said, "Don't argue with success." The truth is we can be successful either way.

So, kind of the opposite situation. Most people report their Glocks are reliably flawless. But that doesn't negate your experience, certainly.

My very first pistol was a Gen 2 Glock 19. Circa 1996. I still have it. It has been flawless with an estimated 10k rounds through it. The trigger spring did break at about 9k, though. It cost me $2.12 (no kidding) to have it replaced by the gunsmith onsite, labor included! (That was before I started building. I know how to do that now! :) )

In closing, I don't agree with your assertion that the consensus here is "ONLY OEM will do." The bottom line is whether each of us gets each of our builds up and running. My dad has long said, "Don't argue with success." The truth is we can be successful either way.
My first Glock was also a Gen-2 G19, a little older than yours, with zero-point-ZERO malfunctions from new 'til now. I don't have that kind of round-count through it, but the ONLY issue ever on this was when handing it over to an inexperienced shooter they limp-wristed it and got some BTF (stock "336" Ejector...:LOL:). For me, it throws brass like a city-park sprinkler: everywhere.. But reliably OUT of the gun, so I'm not complaining.

@Callducks7 , we all know your preferences for NOT Glock parts, you have made your position very clear, and I have no problem with that. In fact, thank you for your input and advocacy for alternate brands. But it doesn't mean you have to take it personally and call a well-respected Community Member a liar when their experiences don't match yours, and they don't like the same things you do. Everyone has taken an open-minded approach and listened to each others' experiences or at least had an 'agree to disagree' attitude on this thread until this.(n)

Hey, I was a bit against the stream too when I continued to use Lone Wolf UPKs even after we started seeing a run of bad Strikers from them -I believe they simply had a few bad batches of those parts due to the increased volume of production during the lock-downs. Or possibly some of their old poor-quality parts had resurfaced again due to higher demand... But I can tell you one of my 10mm Strikers would have broken as well if I hadn't noticed that the tip was slightly 'cupped' to the right, and the edges were rubbing against the Striker-opening in the Breach Face. I smoothed the edges down and removed just enough material to keep the tip from impacting the Breach Face, eliminating the side-load that would have eventually lead to failure. Yes, a less experienced Builder might have missed that detail, and I could sprain my arm trying to pat myself on the back for figuring out the problem, but the point is that we are talking about THOUSANDS of Builds here on this Forum -so you have 13, wow:rolleyes:... That makes you the sole expert on P80-brand parts, you like them so they must all be flawless?:oops: Shall I get defensive about LWD Strikers because I still use them (the old ones I have -I don't buy from them anymore) and I was smart enough to figure out what was going to break mine and fixed it first (hopefully)? Does that mean the ONLY way they could fail was the same way mine would have? Being honest, my Striker was just as defective as any other that a Builder had break on them -the fact that I LOOKED for a problem is actually credited to the fact that I LOOKED because of reports of so many other failures, it was other people sharing their experiences that taught me to look for a problem, not my own gun-smithing skills, and it doesn't make me an expert on LWD Striker failures. I wish I could even say it means mine will never break now, but I do not know that.:unsure:

"Billet steel"... So what does that actually mean? Nothing, it means precisely Jack Shit, it means they took a chunk of steel of some unknown quality, of some alloy -do you even know what alloy they used?- and machined the Striker completely from that instead of casting or forging the primary shape and dimensions, and machining just the small details. Does it mean the chunk of steel isn't porous? No.. Does it mean it was heat-treated properly? No.. Does it mean the machining is correctly radiused in all the inside corners to reduce stress-risers? No.. Does it mean the Striker tip can't work-harden and break? No.. Does it mean the Striker tip is so perfectly aligned that it can't impact or rub the Breach Face opening, like my LWD Striker did? No.. So, "Billet Steel", so what? They can break too...;) Personally, I hope we all stay open-minded enough to know that other people have different experiences, parts are manufactured in batches and some batches may have Quality Control issues, plus every Build is different and many (if not most) aftermarket parts have different tolerance-ranges from Glock or from each other, and that doesn't make other Builders with experiences different from our own 'wrong' or 'liars'. Have a good day.:)

Great another lecture.
I will continue to say what I think whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
Back