GST-9 Mod 1

dagnabbit51

Reaction score
Got my GST-9 Mod 1 completed. This was a pretty easy build. The jig makes drilling and milling very easy. All parts fit and function as they should. This makes my third 80. One Freedom Wolf, one early P80 and the GST-9 Mod 1. I did all the function tests including the drop test and the gun works as it should. Slide operates smoothly. Now, I need to get some range time.

gst9-a.jpggst9-b.jpggst9-c.jpg

Got to say I like the feel of my gst 9 better than the p80 both are great but I think if your hands are med to smaller size the get fits better

Nice looking what brand of slide is that and whats the difference between the first version and new version
I see they had them on sale?

Nice looking what brand of slide is that and whats the difference between the first version and new version
I see they had them on sale?
The white one is the Mod1. They redid the gas pedals, little bit different rail and took some off of the dovetail on the Mod1. It also has the 2 piece rear rail system, rather than the p80 style 1 piece in the earlier version. Plus the stippling is a little different.

Attachments

• 20230215_212241.jpg
    20230215_212241.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Got to say I like the feel of my gst 9 better than the p80 both are great but I think if your hands are med to smaller size the get fits better
Nice job!!

FWIW, I have large/xl hands (but not terribly meaty or fat), and I too, find the GST9’s grip much more ergonomic than the PF940C’s grip (we have both frames); albeit just a tad on the small side ( I’d prefer just a wee bit more girth)…installing the Hogue Handall Beavertail grip for Glock 19 really brought it where I like it. Amazingly so.

That same grip I’d originally installed on a P80 to mitigate the blocky nature of it, but removed it as it was a bit too much, in spite of making it it far more ergonomic than the oem bare P80 grip…but installing a talon grip decal on the P80 did make an improvement and I left it on. YMMV.

With all the interest in the GST9 coming about now, I’d sure like to try a mod one project to compare versions. Again, NICE JOB!!

Are they quick to deliver after I order a frame etc.? Am I correct, I order the frame and a jig that contains the bits and locking block, etc. Anything else?

Does it simply require a gen. 3 lower parts kit, plus a slide assembly?

At this moment this LPK is $36 (although out of stock).

But is that all it takes if you want to go basic, a LPK and the upper assembly?

Any downsides to going less expensive on the LPK?

Imo “you get what you pay for” is pretty valid here.

Don’t forget the RSA and mags.

Okay awesome.

It blew me away that Glock style uppers can cost as much as Armalite uppers! Holy moley... I was not expecting that.

I've purchased several alpha shooting sports slides. Although I've only build one project using a complete Alpha slide, it did look great and functioned well.

Although some people have had issues with Optics Planet, this is where I purchased all my Alpha slides. Never had an issue and received them within a few weeks ... yes a bit slow, but the price was significantly better than anywhere else.

I've purchased several alpha shooting sports slides. Although I've only build one project using a complete Alpha slide, it did look great and functioned well.

Although some people have had issues with Optics Planet, this is where I purchased all my Alpha slides. Never had an issue and received them within a few weeks ... yes a bit slow, but the price was significantly better than anywhere else.
fwiw, I've done business directly with alpha shooting sports:

Alpha Shooting Sports Home Page Specials

Back