Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

P80 frame PF940v2
Slide and barrel from Zaffiri Precision
Tyrant bling with OME inter parts.
Rook pins
Tyrant Finger Blaster trigger shoe and bar with a gen 4 trigger housing.
(plan is to put replace with a Performance Trigger)
Steel City suppressor height sites.
Olight Baldr with green Lazer
Swampfox red dot
Magwell- a cheap eBay but it is aluminum
(had to be reshaped to work with Glock magazines}
Glock 17 magazine with Tyrant base plate
Stippling done in shop and painted same color as frame.
Elk Antler grips, same width as P45
(you need to check out #1 winter build for details on how I made grip)
KG GunKote paint
(mix of light OD green with Magpul green with pearl clear coat)
Bling paint
(base coat Mica yellow with a topcoat of Bright Brass)

This was a fun build for me, adding bone grips is a new challenge for me.
I found it hard to balance the look as well as the feel of the long slide which made the built front heavy. The oversize bone grip helped balance the eye flow.

Pictures do not show off the creamy green with pearl flakes, but this color does pop with the glossy bone grip.

IMG_3221.JPG

Had to show off the top of the slide, it really makes that high polished barrel pop.

The barrel and slide are between 1.25 and 1.5 inch I never did measure it.

Umm, I think he was asking about length, not girth. . . ;)
That is what I meant, 1.25 to 1.5 longer than a regular 17 barrel.
I'll go check after dinner and get the exact size.

Are those gold or copper barrels?
Long barrel in the one in 17long and is polished gold.
The 17 barrel is polished copper. A real stunner, I think.
The copper is my next build. I still need some more parts, but I think I have a color scheme planed out. I'm thinking a metallic green brushed with a flat black under coat. With a lot of bright copper bling.

Long barrel in the one in 17long and is polished gold.
The 17 barrel is polished copper. A real stunner, I think.
The copper is my next build. I still need some more parts, but I think I have a color scheme planed out. I'm thinking a metallic green brushed with a flat black under coat. With a lot of bright copper bling.
Yeah.. I'll eventually be looking for copper bits for my "Rebel Yell" PF45 / G20 build.
Bottomland-left.jpg

Yeah.. I'll eventually be looking for copper bits for my "Rebel Yell" PF45 / G20 build.
View attachment 17464
Nice, I just have the copper barrel now. I bought some metallic copper from KG Gunkote that matches really well, so I'll paint the bling I use.

changed out the Glock Performance Trigger shoe with a
Ranger Proof shoe "Long Ranger", Love the feel and looks.
IMG_3252A.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

I was hoping that the shoe would match better but it is a bazooka green. Next time i will call and see if I can get a raw shoe and paint it myself for a better match. One thing I noticed with Ranger Proof shoe is that it reduced travel with the Performance Trigger I used.
Feels like a great combo, I definitely will be using this setup on triggers in future builds.

So as of now this build is finished :cool:

Well done! I have been debating whether I want to do my own stippling. The color looks great with the bone grips.

Well done! I have been debating whether I want to do my own stippling. The color looks great with the bone grips.
Yeah,
I got better at stippling and now with the bone- walnut grip and stippling together is just a new style for me. Now that I have figured out how to remove enough polymer to offset the thickness of the grip insert, I have plans to use this style on some future builds.

Yeah,
I got better at stippling and now with the bone- walnut grip and stippling together is just a new style for me. Now that I have figured out how to remove enough polymer to offset the thickness of the grip insert, I have plans to use this style on some future builds.
I see you also dehorned the trigger guard and other hard edges. Also well done! Reminds me of the Sig SAS treatment. When they used to do that by hand, it was impressive.

Back