I shot a cool air rifle today!

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
At the range today, three air rifle enthusiasts showed up. One of them offered to let me shoot his rifle. Of course, I did!

This was a NICE air rifle! So easy to shoot. At 25 yards, I put 5 pellets through the same hole. I don't mean a cloverleaf hole. I mean a hole the size of one pellet! I forgot to get a photo of the target, so you'll have to trust me! Ha!
Air-Rifle.jpg

He told me this was a $2000 rifle.

Last edited:
Here's a screenshot from the rifle web page:
1664743579755.png

From AirGunDepot.com. Yowza!
1664743774286.png

Last edited:
That is cool!! You can hunt with that in certain calibers.
Ive looking hard at arrow rifle.
All we had as kids were those freon bb machineguns- 3000 bbpm. Lmao

That's a FX rifle. Every bit of $2k easily...

So.... a bad thing that it was the first "serious" air rifle I shot?? :LOL:
I'm "ruined" for all other air rifles now!

Actually a few weeks ago, I fired a friend's air rifle, which was a break-action single shot. It was pretty cool, too. The only thing was the process of opening and charging it was surprisingly strenuous. It is NOT easy to charge. And, then you get ONE shot.

Haha. Mine and my son's (we each have our own) is a break barrel. They're rated at 42lbs cocking effort. It's a little rough at first, but after a few hundred shots, neither of us think twice. We shot today and each fired prolly close to 200 rnds

Haha. Mine and my son's (we each have our own) is a break barrel. They're rated at 42lbs cocking effort. It's a little rough at first, but after a few hundred shots, neither of us think twice. We shot today and each fired prolly close to 200 rnds

And got a work-out, too!

This reminds me of when I was at a car club event, and one of the guys let me sit in his Ferrari F430. Brand new. I told him it was my dream to own one. He said, "You've driven one, right?" Nope. Then he said, "Then it's time you did!" And handed me the key!

After the drive, I told the owner, "Well, now I'm RUINED for other cars!"

When I told my other car guy friends about the experience, one of them said, "That's like losing your virginity to a supermodel!"

This air rifle was apparently the "Ferrari" of airguns. Now I'm ruined! Again! LOL!

There are alot of really cool air rifles. Not all bug bucks.

There are alot of really cool air rifles. Not all bug bucks.

Yeah... and with this one you're just getting STARTED with buying the rifle. Then you need an optic. And, then a fill tank. And possibly your own compressor. That could more than double the initial cost of the purchase.

Yea you need a compressor capable of 3000 psi. Harbor freight aint gunna cut it LMAO.
PCP are somewhat less noisy than spring compressed air guns. Not much, but YOU CAN HUNT WITH IT.

Yea you need a compressor capable of 3000 psi. Harbor freight aint gunna cut it LMAO.
PCP are somewhat less noisy than spring compressed air guns. Not much, but YOU CAN HUNT WITH IT.
I thought it was 5,000 psi for PCP airgun compressors.

The FX gun I shot was VERY quiet.

You're right 4500/5k. Operating psi 3000psi regulated. Regardless it aint 250psi tire filler. lol

You're right 4500/5k. Operating psi 3000psi regulated. Regardless it aint 250psi tire filler. lol
Or you take the tank to a scuba shop.

Back