Interesting kinda home-made design: Crogar M91

clm2112

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Was watching this yesterday and got to thinking.. "What an interesting little improvised design". Another outgrowth of the Yugoslavian melt-down, the Crogar M91 sub machine gun. Ian at ForgottenWeapons always finds neat-o-keen stuff. I'm still trying to work out how the Safe-Semi-Full selector mechanism actually works to disconnect the trigger from the sear. He showed the interface between the sear and bolt, but didn't take the lower receiver apart to show how that trigger mechanism works.

Crogar M91: MP40 Meets Yugo M56 in the Croatian Homeland War

One of those truism in firearms design... full auto firearms are simpler mechanisms than select-fire designs. Making it go boom over and over is easier than making it go boom once and pause.

Last edited:
Was watching this yesterday and got to thinking.. "What an interesting little improvised design". Another outgrowth of the Yugoslavian melt-down, the Crogar M91 sub machine gun. Ian at ForgottenWeapons always finds neat-o-keen stuff. I'm still trying to work out how the Safe-Semi-Full selector mechanism actually works to disconnect the trigger from the sear. He showed the interface between the sear and bolt, but didn't take the lower receiver apart to show how that trigger mechanism works.

Crogar M91: MP40 Meets Yugo M56 in the Croatian Homeland War

One of those truism in firearms design... full auto firearms are simpler mechanisms than select-fire designs. Making it go boom over and over is easier than making it go boom once and pause.
Pretty cool indigenous Croatian design when they really needed something for defense of the homeland. Love Ian McCollum's Forgotten Weapons channel! (y)(y)

Cool gun. I have a subgun obsession.

McCollum never fails to interest me. One of the few YouTubers that I regularly return to

Back