Ismi springs & Heavy tungsten guide rod?

Cmorency13

Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
I was wondering...Do ismi flat glock recoil springs fit glockstore heavy tungsten guide rod? I would think that I could measure a ss noncaptured guide rods diameter and the heavy tungsten guide rod, but I don't have a measurement device capable of measuring it.

Last edited:
The IMSA flat spring did NOT fit the non captured guide rod that came with my Glock 20 slide. I had to buy their guide rod. Harbor Freight makes a nice digital caliper that will get the job done. It will set you back less than a tungsten guide rod.

Opinion: Tungsten belongs in circular saw teeth not guide rods.

Upvote 0
Harbor Freight makes a nice digital caliper that will get the job done. It will set you back less than a tungsten guide rod.
THIS^^^^ LINK Used to be $10...FJB!!!

63731_W3.jpg

Upvote 0
True story. At HF, you used to be able to open packages and look at the item. Now they seal them up and you can't touch and feel the item. I would open the caliper box, run it back and forth a few times. Some where smooth, some sucked. Then I would close the jaws, zero it, and run it back and forth. Some would not zero, those went back in the box. It would take a few to get one that was both smooth and returned to zero repeatedly. It's been many years since I last bought one there but the ones I selected this way still work and check with gage pins.

Upvote 0
They don't make things like they use to I have a 15 year old ratchet set from there they are better than weir snap-on matco all of rhem got old torque reaches the same way

Upvote 0
The only caveat I have with the HF calipers is they tend to consume batteries so I remove when not in use, install when I need to use. And while I thought the "fractional" display was silly at first, it has come in handy explaining decimal inches to people...

Upvote 0
Back