Looking for a BLACK billet extractor

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
I've had a good experience with Zaffiri's billet extractors. But, they only offer stainless and gold TiN.

Can anyone recommend a billet extractor that comes in black?

The Apex Tactical "failure resistant" extractor has a dubious reputation, it seems. And it's expensive.

There is this one - also expensive - but out of stock anyway.

Hit me up with recommendations!

Here's three. None are inexpensive though...

Alpha is OOS.

I've just heard mixed reviews about everything Zev. Expensive and iffy on quality.

Never heard of the last company.

I'd enjoy hearing from anyone who has actual experience with the recommended extractor.

You could also go this route. Might be cool to do that fancy slide you got too.

This is my goto extractor. I like that it is LCI, billet and black.

20220721_152623.jpg

You could also go this route. Might be cool to do that fancy slide you got too.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking!^^^ Glad I read-through to the end, instead of double-posting this.
I used a specific technique to get this result, the finger-grooves are about as dark as I was able to make them, the slide itself has a more 'battle-worn' look overall. Follow the procedure, that stuff does work pretty well.
G357ST Slide1a.jpg

I've done a barrel or two as well, parts I didn't want to fight clearance-reduction on by Cerakoting. I think this is the only full slide I've done though, it is one of my favorites.

Yes. I have had lots of problems with my builds but extraction has never been an issue. 😆

Just ordered one. Slightly cheaper and free shipping by getting it through Hooper Gun Works on eBay.

Thanks! We'll see how it does!

This is my goto extractor. I like that it is LCI, billet and black.

Got it today! Just installed. Function tested with snap-caps. Passed.
20220917_173923[1].jpg

AlphaWolf billet extractor on left.
20220917_174147[1].jpg

Installed!
20220917_174944[1].jpg

Back to the range tomorrow!

I've had a good experience with Zaffiri's billet extractors. But, they only offer stainless and gold TiN.
Hit me up with recommendations!
Hello there
if you have stainless extractor, its possible by using heat to make it change color
and make it darker.
Just make sure you dont burn the house doing it.

Racer, I've never heard Apex's extractor having issues. Why did you use the word dubious to help describe its history?

Racer, I've never heard Apex's extractor having issues. Why did you use the word dubious to help describe its history?

Maybe I'm misremembering. But, I seem to recall that some people had problems with the Apex extractor (on the old forum).

Maybe I'm misremembering. But, I seem to recall that some people had problems with the Apex extractor (on the old forum).
I got 3 sets of APEX extractors in my builds, never had any problem with them.
Some members dont like the idea of paying or they feel overpaying over $50 for part that goes for
$18 by Glock.
Its definitely an upgrade over stock OEM gen 3 extractor( wont get hit by brass to your face).
If you wear safety glasses ( its strongly advised) during your use in the range you will be ok without it.

Last edited:
I can personally attest to them failing & have run into several others who experienced it first hand too. I found out after mine failed after 82 rounds that this is common with that apex part. Its notorious for causing issues. A gen 5 OEM replacement fixed the issue. With no further issue several hundred rounds later, & still going.

Should point out that i have apex extractors with Glock internal OEM parts only no other 3rd party vendors and sow far with few hundred rounds in each (ammo is still pricey) no problems to report.

Spinta Precision makes a nice billet extractor; I have them in Bronze and they also make a TiN coated one. About $30.00. I have quite a few of their parts in different builds and they seem to function well.

Back