Looking for the best brand of Aluminum 80% AR-15, AR-10, AR-9 lowers

I just ordered the jt tactical ultimate jig. I went to the 5D site and all the jigs were out of stock. I didn’t know they were now sold at a different site, but I am in PA also so probably would have caused me issues I guess. I hope I am able to do a good job with it. Not much out there but I found bad and ok reviews on YouTube, but there aren’t many with all the censorship YouTube does.
Hoping to find one at the gun show tomorrow but last time I went the vendors didn’t have any 80% stuff. If I can’t find one I’m thinking of getting the ultimate jig from J tactical. The video makes it looks fairly straightforward, just worried about the end result. Anyone who ever used it I would love to know your thoughts.

Hoping to find one at the gun show tomorrow but last time I went the vendors didn’t have any 80% stuff. If I can’t find one I’m thinking of getting the ultimate jig from J tactical. The video makes it looks fairly straightforward, just worried about the end result. Anyone who ever used it I would love to know your thoughts.

Mine has shipped, so should have it in a few days. If you search it on you tube a couple do come up. One guys says its junk and then another guys says its a bit picky but once you figure it out it works great. There are 2 gun shows near me on the 20 & 21st and I am hoping I can find some 80% lowers and if I see a 5D jig I will get it also. I would really like to buy all this stuff via cash, I am sure the ATF is tracking all purchases now a days.

Which gun show are you going to, if I may ask. If its the Oaks there probably won't be anything 80% related due to separate laws in Philly.

Last edited:
Which gun show are you going to, if I may ask. If its the Oaks there probably won't be anything 80% related due to separate laws in Philly.
Yeah that’s the one I’m planning on going to. Last time it was in oaks I didn’t see anything 80% related. Going tomorrow but don’t have high hopes

Yeah that’s the one I’m planning on going to. Last time it was in oaks I didn’t see anything 80% related. Going tomorrow but don’t have high hopes
How did you make out at the gun show? Did the the company selling the jig in CA respond to you about why you can't order them since you don't live in Philly

How did you make out at the gun show? Did the the company selling the jig in CA respond to you about why you can't order them since you don't live in Philly
Actually found a guy selling an ar jig but the price with the bits was close to 300. He didn’t have it out I had to ask him and he had it behind the table. But yeah mas defense got back to me said there legal department is advising them not to ship to my location. I guess being close to a location that doesn’t allow them is not allowed now. Think I’m just going to order the juggernaut tactical jig online. Anyone ever used it let me know

Actually found a guy selling an ar jig but the price with the bits was close to 300. He didn’t have it out I had to ask him and he had it behind the table. But yeah mas defense got back to me said there legal department is advising them not to ship to my location. I guess being close to a location that doesn’t allow them is not allowed now. Think I’m just going to order the juggernaut tactical jig online. Anyone ever used it let me know
That figures! I have not used my JT jig yet. I have ordered different length bolts. I have a bit of movement when the lower is in the jig and the bolts that came with it (2 inch) are bottomed out in the jig plate.

Back