Micro Dagger frame only... 2 yrs later

Mooner

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Edit - OMGISH NO ROLL PINS

I also got Mirco Dagger. Overall pretty good, ergo feels not as good as Dagger, guess it has a limit on its slim frame. Wish it had razorback or palm swell to fill the gap. Hmm... potential custom upgrade later.

Trigger Assembly is Gen 3 style. Sear engagement is poor on both OEM 43x & OEM 48 slides. I tried 43x EDC trigger assembly and it was good. I bent the sear a little but will swap out with OEM later.

I have a positive experience with S15 mags... only 2 out of 6 shield arm S15 mag drops free. Others would get stuck and I have to pull them out. Looks like there are two ribs on each mag wall, I assume to make them tighter fit. All 6 S15 mags drop free on 43x.

Painted in ODGREEN first and I lost control of my spray cans 🤣 I love it 🥰 I hated it 🤢... it's growing on me more I play 😁

Waiting for an Engima compatible holster to fit Pro Ledge. After a few rounds, I think this would be my carry pistol. I don't rotate carry a pistol, I think that's a dumb and dangerous idea.

I'm running out of guns to paint... do I need more guns or a bigger safe/house 😅🤣😂

PhotoRoom-20240130_160606.png
PhotoRoom-20240130_160641.png

Last edited:
Painted in ODGREEN first and I lost control of my spray cans 🤣 I love it 🥰 I hated it 🤢... it's growing on me more I play 😁
I'm running out of guns to paint... do I need more guns or a bigger safe/house 😅🤣😂
If i can add my 2 cents here,
After stage one of painting, stage 2 is to dirty it out to give one of your builds a battleworn effect.
Dont ask me how they do it, can practice first on some extra blem slide if you got it.
Its on my to do list .
1706655560992.png
1706655659879.png

1706655812022.png
1706656138972.png

Last edited:
I think a battle worn look is one of the easiest painting techniques to achieve. My first several painting projects were battle worn. What I did to step it up, is to use three colors. It looks something like a marble finish.

From what I understand is Daggers use roll pins.
Have you tried to replace them with steel pins?

From what I understand is Daggers use roll pins.
Have you tried to replace them with steel pins?
The Micro Dagger appears to use solid pins. The trigger pin was always solid on the Dagger. The front locking block pin and trigger housing pin are roll pins. From pictures at PSA, the Micro only has a trigger pin and a trigger housing pin which appears to be solid.

Yep, Mirco Dagger uses solid pins, so easy to swap trigger assembly

Edit - OMGISH NO ROLL PINS

I also got Mirco Dagger. Overall pretty good, ergo feels not as good as Dagger, guess it has a limit on its slim frame. Wish it had razorback or palm swell to fill the gap. Hmm... potential custom upgrade later.

Trigger Assembly is Gen 3 style. Sear engagement is poor on both OEM 43x & OEM 48 slides. I tried 43x EDC trigger assembly and it was good. I bent the sear a little but will swap out with OEM later.

I have a positive experience with S15 mags... only 2 out of 6 shield arm S15 mag drops free. Others would get stuck and I have to pull them out. Looks like there are two ribs on each mag wall, I assume to make them tighter fit. All 6 S15 mags drop free on 43x.

Waiting for an Engima compatible holster to fit Pro Ledge. After a few rounds, I think this would be my carry pistol. I don't rotate carry a pistol, I think that's a dumb and dangerous idea.

Very cool custom camo. Better get a lanyard. If you set that down, you may never find it again!

The PSA Micro is the nicest small gun almost nobody can get. I cant figure out WTF PSA is doing. I do know that if you check their site around 4PM EST every day, you might get one. I thought by the time I got back from my hiatus they would be plentiful - in stock. No such luck. I'm a huge fan of the Dagger Compact and full size. I'd like to give the Micro a shot but I am not a mind reader and dont have the patience for monitoring their web site for the ten minutes one model becomes available. I think it was Wed I noticed there was one available but it had a Holosun bundled with it. No thanks. What I'd really like is to buy a couple of Dagger Micro frames. I'll keep watching.

I've been watching the Micro since Dec. Demand is very high and a lot of people are watching them. They can only make so many at a time. PSA is a company that tries to put as many firearms in as many hands as quickly as they can. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if they are slow rolling these just a little to keep the price up and and the production at a long term sustainable rate. It is not smart business to supply all the demand at once and they have your equipment sit idle for a long time. SCT came out with a G43 size frame. I got an email from Aimsurplus about them. Those sold out in an hour. There is a lot of demand for this size frame.

They tell you on their forum that the stock updates at 4PM EST. That is a little fib. I get emails around 11AM with one or two Micros listed. They are sold out by 11:15AM. As of the last week or two, they have stayed in stock gradually longer. I just scored a frame a few days ago. It was in stock until about Noon. You can buy slides all day long and those are rarely out of stock. They chose to put up one configuration at a time. If you don't want a pistol/optic combo, a basic configuration will be along in a day or two. If you just have to have one now, buy mags when they are in stock. Buy the slide you like when it is in stock, buy a frame when it is in stock. It may take a few weeks and cost a few $$ more but you will have your Micro.

Six months from now, these will be on sale for a little less and you will be able to get any color, any slide, any optic configuration you want. The Dagger was like this when it rolled out.

Is it a curse or a blessing that they make good stuff and sell at a good price?

I'm a PSA fan. I just don't understand their plan for the Micro Dagger. They announced the micro two years ago. A year ago (March of '23) , PSA they were saying they were close to getting them in-market. I heard that there were patent issues with Glock. If true, those issues have obviously been resolved since they are selling them. Albeit slowly.

PSA is always my first go-to when I decide to buy something. Their prices are usually unbeatable. Their other guns (beside the Dagger) are also good quality. I had their AK-V for a while. Ran great. The only reason I sold it was I went with an HK and everything else in that 9mm sub gun class doesn't compare.

The Micro Dagger is not a life or death thing with me. I just want a couple of the micro frames. No big deal. I'm not one of those guys that camps out in front of Best Buy to be the first to buy a new Playstation. Or get in line at the Apple Store for 16 hours before they start selling the latest model. I don't get that behavior. I can't be bothered checking their web site 20 times a day. So I have to wait.

Last edited:
My guess is the trigger system was the problem (with Glock) PSA's solution is a Gen 3 style trigger. The Glock 43/48 is a Gen 5ish system. I hear that OEM parts drop right in. It takes time to develop a part that never existed so it couldn't be reverse engineered.

P80 had to change the slide release on the SS because it used Glock's patented slide release. P80 cut the foot off the slide release spring and made it a non captured spring. They added material to the bottom of the release area so an OEM part wouldn't fit.

Back