Product Review MidwayUSA Rolling Range Bag Review! Best value around!

A good range bag can make trips to the range so much easier. Keeping your range gear organized and easily transported just makes the experience better, eh?

If you've looked around, range bags vary in price from very expensive to very cheap. The cheap ones are usually cheap for a reason. The expensive bags are nice, but can cost as much as luggage suited for world travelers.

Many years ago I saw a lot of praise for MidwayUSA's range bags on the forums. So, I got the MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag on sale for something like $40. It's currently $60, but I dare say still a bargain. It has served me well. It's very roomy and is compartmentalized perfectly. It can carry pretty much everything you need for a range trip, including 2 - 4 pistols, ammo, ear / eye pro, tools, a dozen mags (or more), stapler, tape, markers, etc, etc. Highly recommended!
Midway-competition-range-bag.jpg

The only downside... is that because it can carry all that stuff... it gets a bit heavy! As I get older... heavy is... well... heavy. And, carrying it is awkward and throws me off balance.

Recently, I saw a thread about range bags on another forum, and I went to MidwayUSA's website to get the link for the Competition Bag. Of course, I started looking around.... and dammit.... I found something I had to have! Midway has a reasonably priced ROLLING range bag! And it's still on sale, as I write for $60 (normally $100)! It's a stiff-sided "box" with no partitions. Just a big empty box with wheels and some pockets on the sides and on the inside of the top flap.
Midway-Rolling-Range-Bag-open.jpg

Did I mention it's BIG? It's big! Dimensions are 18" (W) X 12" (L) X 13" (H). That's 1.6 cubic feet!

Well, I can't have just an empty box, eh? So, I started searching for some accessories to help organize my goodies in this big box. I started with a 5.11 Flex MOLLE 9 x 6 Pouch on sale for $28.80. Really overpriced for what it is. But, what the hell, I'm on a roll! You can see it already attached to the front side of the rolling range bag by the "molle" attachment apparatus.

I can't just throw my pistols into the big rolling box loose and willy-nilly, right? So, I found a couple of ways to protect them.... and bought both, of course! The first may be the best bargain in the bunch. It's the MidwayUSA Tactical Multi (4) Pistol Case! And, the FOUR pistol version is on "clearance" sale right now for $18.91! It holds 4 pistols and 10 magazines in a case the size of a small briefcase.
Midway-Tactical-Multi-Pistol-Case-open-closed.jpg

Here it is inside the big rolling box:
Midway-Rolling-Range-Bag-wth-accessories.jpg

I also got this G.P.S. Foam (5) Pistol Cradle. It might work nicely sitting in the big rolling box. I might have to attach it to the bottom with some velcro. It's on the way as I write. It's on sale for $16.49. Here's a stock photo for now.
1658416690449.png

I'll post some updated photos with my gear in it once I get it all sorted out. But, I'm really looking forward to WHEELING my gear to the range!
Midway-Rolling-Range-Bag-wheels.jpg

Stay tuned for more photos (in use)!

PART 2:​

Got the G.P.S. Foam Pistol Cradle!
20220721_160554[1].jpg

Now... how to secure it in the rolling box? Velcro the bottom?
20220721_161555[1].jpg

But, the rolling box has a padded lining velcro'ed to the bottom. The adhesive backing of the velcro won't stick to that. Time to get the scissors!
20220721_161536[1].jpg

20220721_161845[1].jpg

Back in the rolling box with the hard plastic bottom exposed for the velcro adhesive backing to stick.
20220721_164154[1].jpg

Now the foam cradle goes to place (fits exactly between the wheel wells) and stays put!
20220721_162259[1].jpg

I also just discovered that the center (removable) section of my MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag fits PERFECTLY and snugly in the empty spot next to the foam pistol cradle at the bottom of my rolling range box.
1658498312922.png

Whattaya think? I'm digging it!

Disclaimer: I am a paying customer for these products. Links are direct and are not affiliate links.

Last edited:
^^^Updated^^^
Added a foam pistol cradle. Cool!

^^^Updated review article again^^^

20220721_103213[1].jpg

Last edited:
That removable section was what Midway called a "Competition Stage Bag". It was designed to fit inside the range bag as your photo shows and be used to carry ammo, ear pro. etc. between stages at IPSC, Carbine matches, etc. I bought several when they went on sale a few years back. They're useful for many things. Sadly, Midway discontinued them.

That removable section was what Midway called a "Competition Stage Bag". It was designed to fit inside the range bag as your photo shows and be used to carry ammo, ear pro. etc. between stages at IPSC, Carbine matches, etc. I bought several when they went on sale a few years back. They're useful for many things. Sadly, Midway discontinued them.

Bummer! I didn't know they were available (previously) separately. I would buy another, as I could stack them in this rolling box.

They just lowered the price on the rolling range bag again, to $54.84! A bargain, IMO.
1658500818058.png

Bummer! I didn't know they were available (previously) separately. I would buy another, as I could stack them in this rolling box.
Bought a couple the first time they went on clearance in 2017.
Bought 6 when they reduced them to $5.80 the final time in 2018. Use them for all kinds of stuff in addition to hauling ammo.
1658507749264.png

LOVED the Midway roller bag for today's range trip!
1658549107243.png

Just got 2 of the Midway Tactical 4 Pistol case you show above. It holds 4 G17s nicely or anything smaller with room for the magazines. I didn’t initially realize the magazine pouches were in addition to the 4 pistol pockets. Very nice and thanks for reference!

Went to order it and it said shipping date 08/26.......anyone else having to wait 4 years for delivery???

Went to order it and it said shipping date 08/26.......anyone else having to wait 4 years for delivery???

I believe that's August 26th. But, I just went to the product page and it says "ships today."

Just an update... I've been using this range "bag" - more like a "range box" - for a few months now. I love it. SO much easier to roll it than lugging it with my hand and weighing me down on one side. I tend to bring more than one gun and "plenty" of ammo. So my range bag tends to be heavy. But, with a traditional range bag, it's not just the weight... it's the imbalance of carrying it on one side.

This has worked out for me very well. I highly recommend it!

And now it's on sale for $30! WOW!

Last edited:
Free shipping $50+
Code: freeshipping101222

Free shipping $50+
Code: freeshipping101222

Except this particular item doesn't qualify for that. Darn it!

1665682973926.png

Shipping to me was about $18. It's STILL a great deal!

Dangit, who has time to read the fine prints :confused:

They brought the stage bags back! Got one on the way.

Last time I bought them on clearance, they were $5.80.

Last time I bought them on clearance, they were $5.80.
Yeah.... now they're bundled with the other things. Oh well. I got one anyway.

Back