Modern Supplier Landscape has changed...so your favorite UPK's or parts combos?

One Ping Only

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Building another slide and since Rockey Brass and others have fallen by the wayside, I'm considering options regarding the UPK. Should I get a good striker and safety plunger from say Overwatch or? and the springs and other pieces assemble a kit or....last one I purchased was from Strike Industries for my Liteslide...but am always looking for options. So many parts jobbers and manufacturers out there. Of course OEM is still out there. And anybody using those turbo/maritime spring cups? Thanks, peeps!

I generally stick with OEM. I did install an aftermarket firing pin, from Cross Armory, in my G34 build.
Reviewed here:

But, yeah... can't go wrong with OEM.

Remsport. AKA TR Enabling. (Currently OOS) Remsport 9mm Completion Kit for Glock Slides
Their kits look just like Lone Wolf, but I've never heard of the Striker tips breaking off (UNLIKE Lone Wolf's Strikers). They use the same white plastic. They use the same style "Marine" type Spring Cups as LWD. I suspect they make most of the parts for LWD. Or used to at least. I don't like Lone Wolf's new ownership or their business model any more, so I would go direct to TR Enabling if I wanted those parts. They are a little pricey now, maybe ~$20 more than when I was looking at them initially?

Or, OEM (my preference) -the expensive parts are the Striker and the Extractor -many people prefer the Apex Extractor anyway, and if you are Building a 9mm (or, say, a 357-sig from a re-spec'ed 9mm slide... :whistle:) then Billet Strikers from different manufacturers let you find a comfortable price-point -I have been fine with the Combat Armory cheapies for under $20, found them to be a little loose (rattly) but totally functional. If you have a 'tight' slide (usually from too much Cerakote sprayed on by the late Friday shift:LOL:), this could actually be a perfect fix...

Last edited:
Remsport. AKA TR Enabling. (Currently OOS) Remsport 9mm Completion Kit for Glock Slides
Their kits look just like Lone Wolf, but I've never heard of the Striker tips breaking off. They use the same white plastic. They use the same style "Marine" type Spring Cups as LWD. I suspect they make most of the parts for LWD. Or used to at least. I don't like Lone Wolf's new ownership or their business model any more, so I would go direct to TR Enabling if I wanted those parts. They are a little pricey now, maybe ~$20 more than when I was looking at them initially?

Or, OEM (my preference) -the expensive parts are the Striker and the Extractor -many people prefer the Apex Extractor anyway, and if you are Building a 9mm (or, say, a 357-sig from a re-spec'ed 9mm slide... :whistle:) then Billet Strikers from different manufacturers let you find a comfortable price-point -I have been fine with the Combat Armory cheapies for under $20, found them to be a little loose (rattly) but totally functional. If you have a 'tight' slide (usually from too much Cerakote sprayed on by the late Friday shift:LOL:), this could actually be a perfect fix...
Funny you'd suggest the Remsport UPK...I had that webpage up already. Sadly they ARE OOS.

Another vote for OEM parts. Just give them a good polish before assembly. Brownells, Midway, Rook, Lone Wolf, Midwest Gun Works, NDZ have all been reliable sources for OEM parts and all ship fast.

Remsport/TR Enabling also has fast shipping and really nice, reasonably priced nitride finished OEMish slides. They are a great source for G20 slides, theirs have front & rear serrations and a really nice bullnose. They are also the only source I know of where you can get a G26L slide. I liked that setup so much, now I am cobbling together a G26XL using their $100 G17 slide and a frame that I never really liked...
20230116_215847.jpg

Buying piecemeal allows me to assemble my preferred combo as it is a mix of gen 3, 4 and 5 parts, especially if there is a Lone Wolf frame involved.

Thank You Michele for making sure I was aware of that. Yep. I've head quite a few negatives about LWD, and save for the 30274 Ejector clones I already have, won't purchase anything of theirs. And thanks for the tip on Zaffiri!!

Another vote for OEM parts. Just give them a good polish before assembly. Brownells, Midway, Rook, Lone Wolf, Midwest Gun Works, NDZ have all been reliable sources for OEM parts and all ship fast.

Remsport/TR Enabling also has fast shipping and really nice, reasonably priced nitride finished OEMish slides. They are a great source for G20 slides, theirs have front & rear serrations and a really nice bullnose. They are also the only source I know of where you can get a G26L slide. I liked that setup so much, now I am cobbling together a G26XL using their $100 G17 slide and a frame that I never really liked...
View attachment 8946

Buying piecemeal allows me to assemble my preferred combo as it is a mix of gen 3, 4 and 5 parts, especially if there is a Lone Wolf frame involved.
Thanks Alex. They do have a nice bullnose slide. It's much along the lines of what Alpha offers. Very similar. That really brings some nice lines to a normally 'blocky' Glock, doesn't it? Some great suggestions, brother. That's an interesting mod you have on that frame. hehe.

How many rounds dues it take for the LW strikers to fail?

How many rounds dues it take for the LW strikers to fail?
I recall some Builders having them break in the 50-200 round bracket, at least one had his break during dry-firing and testing before seeing ANY live ammo. It seems there was a period (or two) when LWD was distributing poor-quality Strikers. I have several myself (with low round-count, I don't shoot much), and no failures to date. I have mentioned before having an Alpha Wolf G40 (or more accurately G20L, as mine is Gen 3-based and the G40 actually came out in Gen 4) slide from Lone Wolf, prior to their buy-out, with an Alpha Wolf barrel that wouldn't feed ANYTHING -even FMJ- until I re-engineered the whole feed-ramp, and a Lone Wolf UPK including a Striker Spring that collapsed before hitting 100 rounds, and a Striker that was impacting the Breach Face Striker opening -this Striker almost certainly would have had the tip break off from side-loads had I not filed and sanded the edges that were hitting the Slide... Again ALL LWD parts... It was also eating my Glock OEM RSA, so I had to swap it out to a Stainless Steel RSA from NDZ... Shoots great now, but almost NONE of this extra work should have been necessary... :cautious: And although I THINK I found and corrected what was breaking the Strikers from them (cupped tips that don't fully clear the Breach Face opening), I'm still not sure I trust that Striker 100%... Not that a 10mm Long Slide full-size Glock with a 6.5-inch barrel is exactly an ideal Concealed-Carry piece:)ROFLMAO:), it would be nice if I trusted it more...

I was building 2 firearms at the same time, both FPins broke on me during testing stage. That’s very light use… 2 shots, reload 3 shots, break out the hand tools, adjust whats needed. Start over till I get a full 10 rounds with no issues. As I remember it, I didn’t get more than a couple of full 10 round mags through. I never got another striker from LWD after that. BTW I tested these at a CA indoor range reason for 10 round mags.

If anyone is interested is high quality products at a great price Heavy Armor Division is my goto. Slides, barrels and upper parts kits

Last edited:
If you're looking for the best striker on the market, go with the L2D Enhanced Striker. They also sell kits and they aren't cheap, but they are the best.

First have not had a striker break yet but from what I read I am overdue on a few builds with aftermarket striker to break.
What I have noticed is that in some slides the hole the striker goes threw to hit the primer are really tight fitting or even has machining burs with sharp corner. I think this is part of the reason some strikers break especially aftermarket parts that are not quite build to specs.
I clean paint out and radius this hole, I think this could be why I haven't broken ant strikers yet on my older builds.

On my more resent builds I use OME UPK but I may change out the safety plunger, LPK are piece meal when finished but when first built I use OME parts just get everything tune in before I custom the build with mods and Gucci lower parts. I do try and keep the OME trigger housing and trigger bar just to cut down on trigger work for around a 4lbs pull. I find the polishing and trigger work I do comes out better if I start with OME parts, at least the trigger bar. I have had problems getting aftermarket bars to work as well as OME bars do.

One thing for sure One Ping Only, you're doing it right, planning it all out before you start buying parts and building. I find the best reward for building your own firearm is when the plan all comes together without alot of hassel because you have a plan the worked.

One thing for sure One Ping Only, you're doing it right, planning it all out before you start buying parts and building. I find the best reward for building your own firearm is when the plan all comes together without alot of hassel because you have a plan the worked.
Excellent advice sir 👍🏻👊

Back