My brother's friend in CT may be in a bind due to new brace rule.

View attachment 9875
This is not how I want to reflect on life when my time is up :)
someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet.jpg

Everyone is entitled to their viewpoint, but there IS objective truth, right? Truth is, not 'everyone' does things the same way, to imply that is... [politely] wrong. @Racer88 , I don't shoot at public ranges often. I don't recall ever seeing a brace used as a stock in public, but it is all over the place online (that isn't 'real' to me, that is people showing off), and I have seen AR pistols used, so not as popular at the times/places I've been.

I don't think I need to say any more about it -if unsure what I have said or meant, I have enough posts here expressing my views, and the FACTS as I have seen and experienced them. Continuing on is just reiterating. If you think using a brace is 100% circumventing the NFA, then understand the atf didn't write the NFA -Congress did. Some people just like stirring shit up to see what floats. I have better things to do.
Cheers all!:)

I don't shoot at public ranges often. I don't recall ever seeing a brace used as a stock in public,
I shoot ONLY at public ranges... since I don't have my own private range. I'm tellin' ya... the AR-style pistols are VERY popular, and they ALL have braces, and they ALL shoulder them.

If you think using a brace is 100% circumventing the NFA, then understand the atf didn't write the NFA -Congress did. Some people just like stirring shit up to see what floats. I have better things to do.

I didn't say that. šŸ˜› I said that 100% of the people with them at the ranges I frequent... frequently.... are shouldering them. I've never seen anyone strap one to his forearm. 100% bring them up to their shoulders.

As for their intent to "circumvent" the NFA... I cannot read their minds nor divine their intent. That said, I'd bet ya that many of them don't even know what the NFA is. I bet many of them got the braced AR pistols, simply because they're "cool" and have no idea about the NFA and SBRs. I suspect most of them just like to shoot and find these firearms attractive.

And I see multiple instances of this at every range visit. I just checked... 41 range visits in 2022. The AR pistols with braces are super-duper popular. Not my thing, but whatever floats yer boat!

Like you and others, I think we all agree... The NFA is bullshit. Makes no sense whatsoever. And is arguably unconstitutional.

To make this even more baffling....

I have an AR pistol with full stock. 10 inch barrel. It's not an SBR. Why? It's smooth bore barrel. A rifle with no rifling is not a rifle. Like how a donut with no hole is a Danish. No kidding. I personally verified this with the ATF. It's a Franklin Armory Reformation.

One might say, What hath God wrought? It's a short-distance weapon. The bullets, due to lack of the spin invoked by rifling start to tumble at 20 yards. But with a little practice, you can land every round within the 7 ring of a B27 target at 50 yards reliably. The fact that the bullets are tumbling at that distance literally shreds the target. Some go in point or butt first, others sideways.

The bottom line is that the bad guy standing in front of this beast would look like my mother's meatloaf after 15 rounds. Not a pretty sight. The meatloaf, I mean. I used to call it "roadkill".

The poor guy at my LGS was so befuddled and worried about losing his FFL license by making a mistake or being fined $10k, he asked me to speak to an ATF agent on the phone. I did, then hung up and faxed the agent the info Franklin gave me. I came back the next day and the transfer had been approved. No yelling, no threatening, no vitriol about the 2A or starting an anti-gubbament uprising. It was all very polite and professional on both sides of the issue.

This story and the gun highlight the idiocy of the NFA regarding SBRs.

Last edited:
Back