My SKS Paratrooper Build

Callducks7

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
I'm a new member and thought I would introduce myself on a rifle forum. Been building guns of all types for quite a while. My favorites are 1911's.
I built this SKS as a whitetail and hog hunting rifle in the early 1990's before the ban. It's a Norinco Para with a screw in barrel, Choate stock, Red Star 4X scope and mag conversion. I kept the original receiver cover so I can switch to irons in less than a minute.
I load my hunting ammo for it.
20220328_183332.jpg

Last edited:
The SKS can be a handy little carbine. Sure wish someone would come out with a trigger pack with a decent pull though.
Yours came out nice. (y)

The SKS can be a handy little carbine. Sure wish someone would come out with a trigger pack with a decent pull though.
Yours came out nice. (y)
My SKS is my softest shooting rifle/carbine, no wonder they issued it to small women and children. It’s about the ideal ‘revolutionary’ gun. Decent accuracy, I’ve shot pie plate groups @ 100 yards off hand, decent capacity, decent ballistics. Stupid reliable in the worst conditions.

Last edited:
So, mine got to this point and stalled.
My gunsmith's wife had a stroke, and he had to provide care for her. Then Covid. Etc., etc.
I wanted to get it cut and threaded to finish it off. Maybe someday.
There's a thread on it of anyone is interested.

1685657531653.png

Back