Never field dressed or skinned a deer

Stephen G

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Buddy thats been driving me around said to me yesterday as we headed home for PT. Hes one of the ones that took me hunting this year. The processor was only a miles from his place, so would drop off whole deer. Never thought about.
Anyway he says:
Ya know Id really like to learn how skin an dress a deer.
I sat there for a minute, this man is 36yrs old and pure bred country. Me being me and having NOOOO gate on my mouth since the accident replied- so no ones ever popped the bladder or stabbed the pancreas on you while you gutted 1?

He looked at me kinda crazy, said you just grew up fucking mean and we drove in silence the rest of the way home.
But atleast I have something to look forward too next year.
I think ROFLMAO
I did dig up some old books on the subject and gave them to him. But he knows whats up.

Well, it is one of those things you just gotta learn by doing. I do OK with it, but I also lean on my 80 year old father... just because he cleans them up like a surgeon. Shot placement helps a lot too... a good placement that misses the gut makes for less mess to clean up (yeah, it reminds me of that line from The Empire Strikes Back: "and I thought they smelled bad on the outside..." ;) )

We talked last night. Going to start small squirrels, foxes, coyotes etc. Work up to larger animals then to tanning hides.
This is going to be-
Wait for it
WAIT
WAIT for it

LEGENDARY

We talked last night. Going to start small squirrels, foxes, coyotes etc. Work up to larger animals then to tanning hides.
This is going to be-
Wait for it
WAIT
WAIT for it

LEGENDARY
America Wait GIF

Back