New guy 1st Build

I did take a second look at my jig and I indeed was off into the red a bit. Now that the "drill bushing" is damaged I'll have to figure out how I'm going to center the drill bit to make sure I'm in the correct spot. (thinking out loud via the keyboard) Any ideas?

Last edited:
Will have to wait for the Rook jig. The 5D doesn't list the PF45 frame for compatibility.
Or get another P80 jig for the PF45 frame here:

OOS for the jig kit. Might as well order another frame/jig PF45 combo....;)

This is a “I’m bored” update: jig kit from gun builders on order and alumahyde fde from brownells also ordered.

Recovering from a nasty head cold and either the tylenol is working or the sinus headache is waning.

Either way I guess I oughta assemble the slide since I don’t feel well enough to be out and about today.

Also my slide is a Brownells with rmr cut. Current budget doesn’t allow for a red dot, but I can’t locate a cover plate. The one Brownells offers is for their slimmer slides.

I perused ebay but the cover plates for a zev rmr cut (brownells slide) are for ones with a locating pin. I asked a seller, if theirs will work, but at their volume I doubt I’ll get a reply.

Last edited:
New jig kit arrived today. Awaiting the speedy delivery of the fde alumahyde from brownells.

Also after more reading here I have better bits and a gas pedal for my dremel on order. Thanks @Racer88

Oh, an armorers plate. The see through one is on its way as well.

At this rate I “need” to order another frame to recoup some of my costs by spreading it out.;)

Back