New Upper Components have arrived…

SC: 6 3/8" vs GST-9 (G19) 6 15/16' back end of frame to dustcover end; so while the back end in that area's geometry is the same as you note (G26, 19, 17 etc) there is obviously a dustcover/front of frame variance that is not slight. And I don't know how a frame vendor could mitigate that variance. Someone may come up with a plan....in fact I have one in mind that seems to be simple, but, greater minds than mine so far have not done it. IF somebody did, this would be a huge step fwd.

Bureau antics aside.

[deleted by GSW10]

Last edited:
There is a slight amt of frame-droop that the shadows exaggerate, but it's slight. Budget was tight so I shopped and chose accordingly while committing to a certain level of overall quality. Parts breakdown as follows:
Regarding that Droop, there is a post on here somewhere that I glanced at that had something to do with heating it, then zip tying it to the slide and putting it in the freezer. Seems to work.

I personally think it looks good!! Didn't even notice the droop until you pointed it out.

(deleted by user)

Last edited:
Regarding that Droop, there is a post on here somewhere that I glanced at that had something to do with heating it, then zip tying it to the slide and putting it in the freezer. Seems to work.

I personally think it looks good!! Didn't even notice the droop until you pointed it out.
Thanks, Viking! Yes I’ve read about that fix and have considered it; but it’s so slight and I’ve much more needy fish to fry. But thanks for inquiring if I was aware of that technique!

For anybody wondering yes you can make it a 40Cal with no issues or safety worries
The reason I even purchased it was I wanted to try the new Mod 1 frame and I had a G23 slide sitting not being used

Beloved folks, I need to apologize publicly here to GSW10, and to you, the members of PGB, for what I said here on this thread to GSW10 a few days ago. Instead of reading-through his post, I reacted, something I don't often do; and reacted rashly towards a good brother and fellow member. Had I read-though his missive, that would simply have been the end of it. Having heard the whole 80% company history of their unacceptable behavior and practices in the past virtually every time the GST9 was mentioned at the other place, all my pea-brain could think of was "oh here we go again.." but that's not the point. And I was wrong in how I handled it.

GSW10 privately reached out to me a few days ago offering an olive-branch- a bigger man than I, and he graciously accepted the same in return as well....but since this issue started here, I need to address it here. And I ask your forgiveness. Humbly, OPO

Mods/Racer: permission to clean up the mess I made on the floor, sir. I needn't toxify this place any further.

Beloved folks, I need to apologize publicly here to GSW10, and to you, the members of PGB, for what I said here on this thread to GSW10 a few days ago. Instead of reading-through his post, I reacted, something I don't often do; and reacted rashly towards a good brother and fellow member. Had I read-though his missive, that would simply have been the end of it. Having heard the whole 80% company history of their unacceptable behavior and practices in the past virtually every time the GST9 was mentioned at the other place, all my pea-brain could think of was "oh here we go again.." but that's not the point. And I was wrong in how I handled it.

GSW10 privately reached out to me a few days ago offering an olive-branch- a bigger man than I, and he graciously accepted the same in return as well....but since this issue started here, I need to address it here. And I ask your forgiveness. Humbly, OPO

Mods/Racer: permission to clean up the mess I made on the floor, sir. I needn't toxify this place any further.
@One Ping Only , I don't feel any apology is necessary from you. Every conflict between people of good conscience has two sides -and without meaning to, I pushed at you, and was not affording you the respect you deserve -I see in retrospect I acted like a dog with a bone, and I should have dropped it sooner. I never meant to derail your GST-9 thread, but I most certainly had my part in doing so -for these actions you have my sincere apology.
You have consistently been a positive contributor to this Community, here and back on MGB's Forum as well. I am grateful that @Racer88 has taken the steps he has to facilitate this Community, and I am very glad that you are a part of it as well. I hope that you and I will continue to be able to openly and honestly communicate with each other, and I am confident that any conflict we have had or will have in the future will only lead to a strengthening of the respect and consideration we have for each other. We are good Brother. Thank you so much.😌

Back