NYPD "counter-terrorism ELITE???"

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
I just found this old post of mine from 2015.

The conventional wisdom assumes that law enforcement officers are, by default, "highly-trained" and competent with handling and using firearms. The truth is that many are not. Some are. Most are marginally competent, if that.

I was watching tonight's NBC Nightly News story about the NYPD training an "elite" counter-terrorism force. I noticed something and paused the video on the DVR. Of course, I had to turn the image into a meme.

Let's concede and give some benefit of the doubt that they are in a "compressed ready" posture. But, I couldn't help noticing that not one of the three in this image has a proper grip on their pistols. This is BASIC stuff. Elite?

1669422673289.png

Its sad but true. Alot of officers have no clue about firearms. Lmao, I know 1 who got a 2 week suspension because his sidearm had never left its holster for 2+yrs. It had glued itself in there, ammo was corroded- it was inoperable. He just didnt understand it required maintenance.
BUT!!! Whats worse is that its become what law enforcement is about. Or atleast alot of focus.
Policing isnt a military action, but politics has made it so. Different mentality, different rules and in policing there are NO Combatants. There are Citizens and ILLEGAL Aliens.

Plus oboy(girl) in the middle, well Im a fat bastard and Im calling them out. Its a pistol, NOT A BIG MAC LMAO. Talk about Tactical GIRTH. Step away from Buffet. At 54 I still made my mile and went to the back to push the slow pokes.
1 on left has a hell of a golf grip lmao.

Back