OMG Amazing quality frame print LOOK 👀

I have ender 3v2, after a couple minor fixes (all metal extruder full kit), eccentric nut adjustment and cosmetic eye candy upgrades. I enjoy this machine, it’s a workhorse for general printing.

Printer on my wish list. An IDEX or an IDEX with high temp. Liking and idex for color/filament change that doesn’t leave an ooze on the print a single head seems to incorporate on the object.

How does the mass driver work for you?

It looks Amazing-Very nicely done

I just got the info on this print for those interested. With any luck maybe Seanie G will come on and start posting here.

Anyway that pistol details are-
The filament he was using is made by Bambulabs and it’s there PA-CF. Also used their Support G filament with a custom settings profile as the interface layer. Settings include printing with a .4mm nozzle and a .16mm layer height.
Ask and you shall receive ;)

Thanks @Racer88! This one is still young and doesn’t have too many rounds through it. It is holding up great and feels pretty darn close to the original strikes. I think I have seen reports so far of a couple thousand rounds if not more. I do like that this filament (PA-CF) won’t melt/deform if I leave it in my car. I am currently trying out some new PAHT-CF filament that should even be better.. more to come on that at another time.

Here is a timelapse video that just dropped today. It shows the setting I used as well.

BB19X Timelapse and Build
Thank you so much for showing your process.
Beautiful work!

Off topic somewhat, but:
Do you mind me asking where you got the purple circle mouse highlighter used in your screencast and what software you were maybe using to record that video? Mainly the purple highlighter, I already have some decent screencast tools. Cheers and thanks again for the fantastic build you've shared. It might motivate me to get a printer!

Beautiful work!

Off topic somewhat, but:
Do you mind me asking where you got the purple circle mouse highlighter used in your screencast and what software you were maybe using to record that video? Mainly the purple highlighter, I already have some decent screencast tools. Cheers and thanks again for the fantastic build you've shared. It might motivate me to get a printer!

I don't know which software he's using. I use Camtasia, which has various ways to highlight the cursor / mouse pointer.

Beautiful work!

Off topic somewhat, but:
Thanks for the compliment 😁. Yea, like @Racer88 i use camtasia. It is a simple video editing software that a lot of people use to screencast and create how to videos. When screen recording is is able to capture certain data and use it in conjunction with some added effects. Very simple to use and worth it imo.

Here is a timelapse video that just dropped today. It shows the setting I used as well.

BB19X Timelapse and Build
SOOOOOOOOO BADASS!!!!!

Do you have some pics after the printing is done, but before the frame was cleaned, and prepped? I seem to be doing a lot of clean up after the frame is printed and was curious if that's just the way it is

I've watched it a few times. I'm extremely impressed by how clean your frame is. Mine seem to be getting sloppier and sloppier as far as cleaning up after the supports. They seemed to be cleaner when I was using pla, but since I've switched to paht-cf its been a lot harder to clean. Anyway, Thanks for the input. I'm going to go through your video and see if I cant download your slicer and follow your settings and see what I can come up wiith.

@Viking2721
If you have an IDEX or duel printer ?PVA Soluble supports is the fix.
If not adjust slicer settings so support is not so close to the object. In Cura that’d be support z distance found under Support settings.

Edit- u have Qudi x plus right ? Play around with the support z distance till they snap off with ease.

Last edited:
The closest thing I have at the moment was this example. The print in this example failed when the frame was about 80% complete. But I do show the removal of the supports. On my next print ill make sure to include that in my settings and build video. Cleanup with these setting for me was very minimal if any..
Support Removal Short

@Viking2721
If not adjust slicer settings so support is not so close to the object. In Cura that’d be support z distance found under Support settings.

Edit- u have Qudi x plus right ? Play around with the support z distance till they snap off with ease.
Ty Darlin. that actually helps
@Viking2721

Ty Michelle an Bench specifically, but open to any one. Is their some sort of a test file that you could see your outcome of the setting you chose? I saw a guy in a forum that had a plastic printed piece that actually had temperatures, ans hidis model relected what happened

Check out Cura market place for goodies and tools to help get better quality. There’s a calibration plug in with a bunch of items. Get the setting guide too. Very helpful for leaning.
Thingiverese has loads of printer tests. Here’s a few

That support z setting shared… I learned from @Benchies Go Boom during one of his live shows. Thanks goes to him. ☺️

Last edited:
Yea thanks for the reminder about cura marketplace @Michele! That is a great resource. If you can’t find a specific model to test a setting in the marketplace try thingiverse or printables. Both places should have quick and simple models to dial things in..

Back