Planning a Second Build

WI2A

Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Hi All,

It has been a while since I came by here as life has been getting in the way. I did finish breaking in my first build, a P80 SC, with 500 rounds without a malfunction.

This time around, I am thinking of building a G17 as a home protection gun.

I have heard that P80 won an injunction and has gone back to building a true 80% frame again. Is that still true? I saw this, which seems like a pretty good deal: POLYMER80 80% PISTOL FRAME KIT WITH JIG FULL SIZE G17 / G22 PF940S P80-PF940V2-BLK - BLACK + JIG Glock 17 Glock 22 P80 Is there any way to tell if this is a true 80% or the newer 76% style?

Also, I am looking for suggestions on lower kits and slide kits.

Thanks!

Thanks Michele!

Are P80 slide assemblies any good. Normal price looks a little high, but looks cheap when they are on sale.
I have had a good experience with 80P Builders slides and barrels. Be patient on shipping. Could take two weeks to get your stuff.

Yes 80p builder have good quality parts.
Here’s another place
MDX Arms aka Freedom Unlimited Inc. Free shipping with code MGBSHIP

Both companies sell quality full/complete uppers, stripped uppers and a variety of parts at decent prices.

National holidays are around the corner -Memorial Day, 4th of July should be some decent sales offered.

Best sales are at the end of the year so save your pennies for deals that are hard to pass up for Black Fridays that sometimes start in October and last til Dec and some to the new yr.

Last edited:
I have looked at MDX, Freedom Unlimited and 80P builder. Most items are out of stock. People must be taking advantage of Memorial Day sales.

I ordered a PF940V2 80% frame in Cobalt. I always thought Cobalt was a blue color. On my screen, it looks gray. What does Cobalt look like in person? That will make a big difference in which slide I buy.

Do you still recommend using all Glock internal parts?

I ordered a PF940V2 80% frame in Cobalt. I always thought Cobalt was a blue color. On my screen, it looks gray. What does Cobalt look like in person? That will make a big difference in which slide I buy.
It's hard to describe the P80 version of "Cobalt." It's definitely NOT blue. It's more of a gray-brown, I'd say.

Do you still recommend using all Glock internal parts?
I do. If you can get them, if will make your build easier and more predictable. Even more so, if you get the Rook Tactical rails.

I just got a cobalt. I don't see any blue. It looks like the rinse water when my kids are using water color. No distinct color, just murky dark. It can be whatever you perceive depending on lighting.

Makes me wonder if it is a color the result of rejects and errors mixed into one batch.

Here’s a couple photo comparisons of colors. Although color on our devices are not accurate to true color these may help give more of an idea of the shade and hue it is. Colbalt is a mineral that’s dark gray / blue in color.
IMG_0075.jpeg
IMG_0074.jpeg

Also upgrade the 336 ejector with a gen 4 or 5 # 30274

Fast forward to 21:00 for how to

View: https://odysee.com/@MGB4PGB:6/15-Polymer-80-Glock-Ejection-Guide--SOLVED--:a

Ejector only:

Last edited:
The frame just came in the mail this morning. I didn't even get a notice of shipment. It came in 2-3 days, pretty good.

Anyway, in person, it looks like a charcoal gray, or a really, really dark taupe. So, for those of you who have built a Cobalt frame, what color slide did you use? Send a picture of your build.

Thanks for the reminder, Michele. I did put a 30274 ejector on my SC build. It really solved the hot shell casing to the face problem!

I just scored a Glock 17 OEM build kit, with complete assembled upper and OEM LPK, for $420, from Rifle Supply That is $120 off list price. Seemed like a pretty good deal.

I would never have found Rifle Supply had it not been for the Friendly Merchant List. Great job putting that together!!

Back