Possible Stupid Question About the Dagger Trigger Housing

OutaFocus

Reaction score
I haven't seen this talked about, but I could've missed it.

I assume that, because the PSA roll pins are larger than the factory Glock pins, the Glock Trigger Housing will not work in a Dagger frame. If the holes are larger, the Glock Trigger Housing would slide down into the Dagger frame by .5 of the difference between the Dagger roll pin diameter and the Glock pin diameter. I know it's not much of a difference, but it might be enough to affect the sear to cruciform engagement, right?

Ah~ no stupid question here, ask away we are here to help either...

Check out my Dagger review if you haven't...
Product Review - PSA Dagger Compete Lower $100

I assume that, because the PSA roll pins are larger than the factory Glock pins, the Glock Trigger Housing will not work in a Dagger frame
YES, PSA roll pins are larger. NO, OEM trigger house still works even with a larger roll pin. I have swapped Dagger's trigger assembly to OEM. The trigger housing has no play, it is solid as any other frame.

I know it's not much of a difference, but it might be enough to affect the sear to cruciform engagement, right?
I check sear engagement with Dagger's trigger with a bunch of my uppers, I think all 3-4 had a bad engagement. Swapped with the OEM Pre-EH trigger bar to fix that.

Here is a picture of internal
20221221_170836.jpg

I'm going to swap the stock Dagger trigger for a Timney Alpha. When it arrives I will post findings. I expect it to fit. The unknown is the whether the trigger housing (w/ejector) will allow for the Timney set screw and c washer, which is unique. It is designed for a OEM Glock trigger housing. The trigger housing that ships with the P80 is not compatible with the OEM and thus the Timney wont work. I ordered two Glock trigger housings.

BTW: The Timney Alpha is basically a competition trigger and not recommended for EDC. Too light. You'll shoot your eye out!

So I will assume that any aftermarket trigger will fit as long as it's gen 3 glock?

So I will assume that any aftermarket trigger will fit as long as it's gen 3 glock?
It should. But I say that with caution. The Timney Alpha is a very good quality trigger that I want to use in a P80 Compact. It's giving me heartburn. They work perfectly in factory Glocks. I've installed 2 of them. I put it aside the other day. I'll get back to it this weekend.

Back