Post your ugly guns!

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Glocks don't count... too easy!

What do you have that most would consider ugly, but you love it?

Dog Roll Over GIF by AFV Pets

I'll start with my Chiappa Rhino:
Chiappa Rhino-4913-2.jpg
20220924_114645[1].jpg
20220924_114730[1].jpg
20220924_110536[1].jpg

Yup, the Crapper is right up there! :sick:

My Heritage Rough Rider .22 could maybe be called "ugly" or maybe unique? Barrel loosened up so I had to tighten it then re-tap and remount the pusher tube. At this point, the front sight is now at about 11 o'clock. :rolleyes: So I took an unused 10/22 scope rail and drilled/tapped and mounted to the top of the RR, cutting off the "extra". This pic is of an old Tasco I had kicking around :D but I ended up with a smaller no-name red dot on it. It works OK. I've about double the value of 'smithing in it than it cost brand new... (~$130)

rough12.jpg bar6.jpg

Last edited:
This one's just for you Racer:

_1020663.jpg

This one's just for you Racer:

View attachment 11250
That one is on my wish list. I've got 12 mags for it already (for years).

I do already have it's big brother, which many would also deem "ugly." The nickname for the FS2000 is "The Tuna."

FS2000.jpg

Oh hell.
Ya'll are worshiping on the alter of a pagan plastic rifle god.
You need to repent and come to the rifle god of iron and wood.
One who's beauty and power is unsurpassed.

In the immortal words of Jeff Cooper:
Bushido is all very well in its way, but it's no match for a 30-06.

1685055497399.png

Last edited:
Oh hell.
Ya'll are worshiping on the alter of a pagan plastic rifle god.
You need to repent and come to the rifle god of iron and wood.
One who's beauty and power is unsurpassed.

In the immortal words of Jeff Cooper:
Bushido is all very good in its way, but it's no match for a 30-06.

View attachment 11254

That's not ugly! We need a "Pretty Guns" thread for that one!

I didn't have anything to compare to the ones posted, so I posted that as a contrast so their ugliness was highlighted against the prettiest M1 in the safe. 🙃

I didn't have anything to compare to the ones posted, so I posted that as a contrast so their ugliness was highlighted against the prettiest M1 in the safe. 🙃

You start the "Pretty Guns" thread!

No. Museum pic.

Guns are like women and pizza. Even the worst I ever had wasn't all that bad. :)

But if I have to pick...

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 9.14.37 PM.png

Yep. I am a proud owner. Shoots like a champ. As accurate as any polymer 9mm in market today. I have never cleaned it. Lifetime warranty even if you are the tenth owner. Hi Point will fix or replace it no questions asked. I bought it as kind of a joke but became a fan.

Last edited:
I think you won with that one. :oops:

The neat thing about the Rhino is that the concept WORKS. Putting the barrel down at the 6 o'clock chamber makes a huge difference in felt recoil and muzzle flip. HUGE. I can comfortably shoot full-load .357-Mag from this snubby.

I'd like to get the full-size version:
Rhino-50SAR-1.0.jpg

Guns are like women and pizza. Even the worst I ever had wasn't all that bad. :)
LOL! I once heard a comedian say, "What is bad sex? How can sex be bad? OK... maybe if a cinder block falls on your head while doing it."

I bought it as kind of a joke but became a fan.
It's definitely a contender in the "Ugly" contest! But that's what makes them kinda fun, eh?

No. Museum pic.

But if I have to pick...

View attachment 11260
Yep. I am a proud owner. Shoots like a champ. As accurate as any polymer 9mm in market today. I have never cleaned it. Lifetime warranty even if you are the tenth owner. Hi Point will fix or replace it no questions asked. I bought it as kind of a joke but became a fan.
Bought my JHP used for $106 out the door

79378-DEFAULT-l.jpg

I’ve made 100 yard shots with it at the rifle range when the RSO wasn’t looking.

The neat thing about the Rhino is that the concept WORKS. Putting the barrel down at the 6 o'clock chamber makes a huge difference in felt recoil and muzzle flip. HUGE. I can comfortably shoot full-load .357-Mag from this snubby.

I'd like to get the full-size version:
Rhino-50SAR-1.0.jpg
Nope. It's not ugly. It's just not traditional. I have the snub. It's the softest shooting 357 mag I've ever had. I thought they might become collectible so I bought one ten years ago. They are selling on GB for 40% more than I paid. I got a decent leather holster with mine.

Bought my JHP used for $106 out the door

79378-DEFAULT-l.jpg

I’ve made 100 yard shots with it at the rifle range when the RSO wasn’t looking.
She's a beaut, Clark!

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 11.05.55 AM.png

Mine was $225. HiPoint is the dive bar of handguns. I am comfortable drinking 60 year old Scotch on a Gulfstream or Hamms on draft in a place where the floor is sticky.

You can't be one of the cool kids without owning a HiPoint :)

Back