Prepare for inflation-induced shortages by stocking up on these essentials

Shard-onnay

Reaction score

Basic info but helpful if you're not sure what to get.

:rolleyes:🤣

!!!.jpg

Hhmmm...it's not a FB link so you should be able to just click on the title in blue and get there.

I see it fine. That's the pop up trying to share the link on FB.

So what I have been doing is, pressure canning proteins. I have about 30 lbs, or boneless skinless chicken thighs, 30 lbs of ground beef, 12 pounds of pork, 30 pounds of beef. All in pint jars, seems you get a little over a pound in each, give or take.

Last edited:
Couple ideas for fresh meat.

Chickens are easy and quick to grow. Are ok to have in a city back yard in many places, don’t require much room, eat nearly anything and can self sustain in the wild. Get few all purpose breeds for eggs and meat. Rooster is required to make chicks. Normally not ok in city but they are all around us and no one complains. If things get real bad share a bird or eggs with your neighbors, they won’t care about that crowing roo. Will also have plenty of useful fertilizer for the garden.

I don’t do bunnies but they are another quick easy grow.

Watch for sales on stuff everyone. My local store put Campbells soups on sale for 89 cents. Plus the same week the Campbells chunky soups were buy 1 get 1 free.

When we first started thinking about "prepping" for lack of a better word, I really didn't have a good understanding, of what I really needed.

SS

Last edited:
One important thing we all learned back in Y2K was only set back food you will surely eat.
MREs & so much so called prepper foods are yuck & you will just waste them.

Damn right buy bargain meat & can it, vegies & fruit as well. Find or make a food dryer
dried foods are a great way to save space I do not mean the Freeze dryer,

Our 10' X 10' fall/Winter garden fed us fresh greens/lettuce kale, Tat Soi, etc. up to March here in the NC Mountains.
We have been planting seeds for spring all winter in the empty places & we have new lettuce/Radish's & Arugula coming in now.
LED lights are the way to grow food in the winter, if you have electricity that is.

If you bake, buy 50# bags of flour from restaurant supply online stores for great prices.
Sams clubs have large quantities of food for good prices.

We were called survivalist's back in the 70s, many thought we were NutZ LOL.

Well I'd rather be a well fed Nut, than a starving nut today.

Back