Prodigy: Affordable race gun.

a few years ago I had a nice pair of glasses that were blended. Fancy frame. No correction on the top half just magnifiers on the lower half to help me read. I preferred wearing them all the time vs. taking the cheap readers on and off my face 400 times a day.
That's where I find myself. I've thought about getting some "real glasses" that I can just leave on all the time.

The blood ran out of my head when she told me what the frames I picked and the lenses were going to cost. No idea they cost that much.
Yeah... they can be crazy expensive. And then there are all the lens options... coatings, scratch-proofing, transition, progressive, etc.

I can see why lenses are pricey but for two bucks worth of plastic and hinges the frames cost $300+ each? Total ripoff.
$300 is middle of the pack from what I've seen / heard. A lot of the nicer frames are in the $800+ range.

But then again... look at what happened to the price of mattresses!

Some designer frames... definitely higher. I'm not opposed to spending money on quality but there has to be some reasonable basis to the cost of goods sold. Mattresses... biggest scam going. I've started replacing mattresses with the online brands that are shipped directly to you. Like Purple, Casper, Leeza. Mattress stores... I don't know how they stay in business with those prices. I'd rather sleep on a fu__ing IKEA futon than pay 5-8 grand for a bed. And their cheap mattresses suck. People actually finance their beds like a car. You gotta have rocks in your head to do that.

Back