Rock Island Armory STK 100

Chuck Noris

Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
I came across a review on the new RIA STK 100 - 1911 grip, Glock 17 size, all metal frame, optic cut. Uses Glock parts, including triggers. A little heavier of course because of metal frame, but let muzzle flip for trade off. A new Matrix Arms MX-19 (metal frame) is over $1500. Retail for the STK100 is $599, and there are listings on GunBroker at $399 + tax/shipping/FFL transfer.
I'm not saying it's the bees knees, just that I think it's interesting that someone has come up with a metal framed Glock at a reasonable price!

I think it's interesting that someone has come up with a metal framed Glock at a reasonable price!
Unless I'm blind (possible), the "reasonable price" is not mentioned anywhere in the review.

There are other companies that make metal-framed "Glock clones." I'm thinking of one in particular. But I can't remember the name. They were fairly pricey, as I recall.

ETA... just re-read your post. Yeah... Matrix Arms. That was it. They're very proud of their clones.

Unless I'm blind (possible), the "reasonable price" is not mentioned anywhere in the review.

There are other companies that make metal-framed "Glock clones." I'm thinking of one in particular. But I can't remember the name. They were fairly pricey, as I recall.

ETA... just re-read your post. Yeah... Matrix Arms. That was it. They're very proud of their clones.
Toward the end of the (kinda long) review, he mentions that the MSRP is $599. GunBroker listings for it are much lower than that! So it's less than a Zev slide :p

Last edited:
Toward the end of the (kinda long) review, he mentions that the MSRP is $599. GunBroker listings for it are much lower than that! So it's less than a Zev slide :p
I would be interested in an aluminum stripped frame. But I have not found anyone offering it. Yet.

Last edited:

$439

$390
Good heavens. Clamshell lower. Nyet! What’s better about this gun than a Glock? Answer: Nothing!

Normally, I’m a strong supporter of RIA.

Good heavens. Clamshell lower. Nyet! What’s better about this gun than a Glock? Answer: Nothing!

Normally, I’m a strong supporter of RIA.
What’s a clamshell lower? Two piece frame pinned together? No bueno?

What’s a clamshell lower? Two piece frame pinned together? No bueno?
Yep. Two halves held together with screws. KelTec does this with a lot of their guns. Easier to manufacture and assemble. Thus the somewhat low cost. There are a lot of decent guns in that $400-500 range. Why buy an oddity that has zero aftermarket support?

This is coming from someone who has a Yeet Cannon. I say you cant be one of the cool kids until you have one of those.

Anyway… I don’t get why somebody would be drawn to a metal frame Glock clone. The only thing you gain is weight. It seems like a solution looking for a problem. I have an affinity for metal handguns but this RIA is not something that appeals to me. Their 1911’s and semiauto shotguns deliver very good value for the money though. My 10mm 1911 and .45 Baby Rock perform like champs. The RIA semiauto shortie is a boom stick. Half a pound of lead in the air as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Because it’s not a plastic Glock?
Now….if I could find a baby rock in .380 for less then msrp…..
Plastic is to Glock what a bun is to a cheeseburger. Remove the bun and all you have is a slice of bad meatloaf.

Polymer is the whole reason for buying a Glock. Adding a metal frame is like putting a spoiler on a Prius. Comes in handy if you ever find yourself going 175 mph.

S00ch shills any gun he gets paid to shoot. I do admire how masterfully he has promoted himself as a reviewer though. He’s so dramatic.

Plastic is to Glock what a bun is to a cheeseburger. Remove the bun and all you have is a slice of bad meatloaf.

Polymer is the whole reason for buying a Glock. Adding a metal frame is like putting a spoiler on a Prius. Comes in handy if you ever find yourself going 175 mph.

S00ch shills any gun he gets paid to shoot. I do admire how masterfully he has promoted himself as a reviewer though. He’s so dramatic.
An anodized metal "Glock clone" frame would be cool, I think. If they made an orange one, I'd be all over it.

I would LOVE to see P80 make a CLEAR polymer frame. I'd be all over that, too.

IMG_6281.jpeg
IMG_6282.jpeg

First one is a Khyber, a Pakistani company. Don’t know if still made and the second I have no idea. I don’t think you can get the durability out of clear plastic.

Last edited:
View attachment 12308View attachment 12309
First one is a Khyber, a Pakistani company. Don’t know if still made and the second I have no idea. I don’t think you can get the durability out of clear plastic.

Yeah... I've seen that and also heard that the durability is not the same because it's an entirely different type of polymer. But it sure would be cool!

An anodized metal "Glock clone" frame would be cool, I think. If they made an orange one, I'd be all over it.

I would LOVE to see P80 make a CLEAR polymer frame. I'd be all over that, too.
The idea of a clear frame is interesting. If its transparent enough to see the inner works. Obviously a novelty, conversation piece.

There are good oranges and bad oranges.
IMG_0012.jpeg

I have an orange SCCY on my boat. It’s in a small Pelican case that is also orange. It matches the marine coated pump shotgun with the Magpul orange stock and foregrip. I like things to be color coordinated.

Last edited:
The idea of a clear frame is interesting. If its transparent enough to see the inner works. Obviously a novelty, conversation piece.

View attachment 12310

I have an orange SCCY on my boat. It’s in a small Pelican case that is also orange. It matches the marine coated pump shotgun with the orange stock and foregrip. I like things to be color coordinated.

I'm thinking of a metallic / anodized orange like the grips of the CZ Shadow 2 Orange. The entire frame like that. If there was a metal Glock clone frame like that... I'm in.
1689073756288.png

Could you do a 3D translucent frame? PLA comes in "translucent", which is milky white, and PETG comes in transparent, some brands are pretty clear.

I'm thinking of a metallic / anodized orange like the grips of the CZ Shadow 2 Orange. The entire frame like that. If there was a metal Glock clone frame like that... I'm in.
I suppose you could garnet blast one of those metal Glock frames and have it anodized.

The CZ orange always looks gold to me. Outstanding platform for a race gun. The factory trigger is excellent. I always liked how the slide rides inside the frame. Beautiful design.

I suppose you could garnet blast one of those metal Glock frames and have it anodized.

The CZ orange always looks gold to me. Outstanding platform for a race gun. The factory trigger is excellent. I always liked how the slide rides inside the frame. Beautiful design.
Yeah... I've had my eye on the CZ S2 Orange for a few years. Gorgeous gun, IMO.

View attachment 12310

I have an orange SCCY on my boat. It’s in a small Pelican case that is also orange. It matches the marine coated pump shotgun with the Magpul orange stock and foregrip. I like things to be color coordinated.
Maybe if it's carried by Wonder Woman in a clear plastic holster, perhaps while flying her "invisible" jet! 🤪

1689205867905.png

Back