Rodent problems are real

Differently

Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Been dealing with tons of rodent damaged vehicles ever since covid. People were leaving their vehicle sitting and never starting them I guess. This one came in with an ABS light on, could not communicate with the module and had numerous DTCs set for communication faults in the PCM. Once I popped the hood it was pretty obvious what I was dealing with though. I pulled the fuse box and found a complete mess of chewed wiring (forgot to take a photo). Completly rewired the fuse box and she was good to go. If yall gotta let your vehicles sit for an extended period, at the very least get out there and start it up for a bit. I have heard mothballs work as well.đź‘Ť

Attachments

• 20220718_165332.jpg
    20220718_165332.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 57
Had to retire my '98 Cherokee a month ago due to frame rot. Went to get something out of it a week later and found a nice fat mouse scampering around in the back seat. One friggin' week! Put out in a nice happy meal for him to enjoy.

We've been dealing with mice issues in our cabin air filters for years (pre-covid). Even had to hit a dealer while 650 miles from home as they had chewed through wiring sensors in the engine compartment (causing a meltdown of sensors on the dash). Thing is, we don't let the vehicles sit and have been setting traps in the garage to boot. Short of getting a few rat snakes to live in the garage, not sure what else to try.

1658407949403.png

found hole under my garden raised bed, put trail camera and its a RAT.
going to put traps all over .

found hole under my garden raised bed, put trail camera and its a RAT.
Resident house cat might be a good option. Our neighbors have complained about rats and mice in their units over the years, we have 3 cats and I have never seen any rodents or evidence of rodents in our unit. I suspect they are smart enough to know somthings up and find a different place to reside.

I got GSD, he keep all neighborhood cats miles away.

by the way i found non toxic rodent mix that wont harm any other animals only mice and rats.

Mix equal parts baking soda with normal all-purpose flour in dry form
can add some crushed nuts inside but thats the basic mix.
fill it in empty 2L soda btls cut in half and keep in dry place.
once they it that inside once in contact with moisture they will get gasy and die.

Last edited:
Living in the country mice and gofer rats are a constant problem.
Cats work only if you don't feed them, the best mouse and rat catcher for me has been large chicken snakes. I had two around five feet long that stayed in my barn that kept the rodents under control and out of my feed bends. They all so keep poisonous snakes away.
The only drawback was having them fall from the barn rafters and scare the shit out of you. You have to keep your little chicks save, they like those too.

Tree Rats/ squirrels bring about the end of the world. Ive done battle with them for 50+ years.
My secretary had a brand new Toyota that just shut down 1 morning. We found a whole faimly of rats had got into the airbox, chewed up the filter- rats an filter alllll in the intake. This after 3months.
Killem all.

Tree Rats/ squirrels bring about the end of the world. Ive done battle with them for 50+ years.
My secretary had a brand new Toyota that just shut down 1 morning. We found a whole faimly of rats had got into the airbox, chewed up the filter- rats an filter alllll in the intake. This after 3months.
Killem all.
Hear, Hear!
Old rat piss in a car is the worst. It's like acid on parts, wiring and body panels. Nuke 'em.

I just shot a mouse with a Benjamin 22 pellet gun on the stove a couple of weeks ago (1 pump). Is that too redneck? F**ker was too light for normal spring traps and kept grabbing the raisins I left on the trap. Tried to catch that sumbitch for two weeks.

At my former house, I killed a rat so large it spanned the length of a normal shovel blade. His tail hung off the end of the shovel blade and was equally as long as his torso. It was the size of a possum. It took six 22 cal pellets to take him out. I need to locate an old picture on an old phone and post it here if I can find it. Just crazy huge.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixz8CV7lfkw

Last edited:
It looks like I have rats and mice under control this year.
Last year I caught 14 rats around 10" long that thought my sweet potato bend was a feeding trough. Best bate I found was sweet potato with peanut butter or bits of a Butter-Finger on it.
Squirrels and Rabbits just shoot 'um with a 22. They are good for target practice when there in the garden.

I had some of the swamp rats good 3 to 4lbers on my back porch. I decided 22short was what it called for. You ever shoot 22shorts into 100+yr old fat lighter? After the bullet stopped bouncing and I dug the shrapnel out of my legs I went and got a judge.
Same result but atleast the neighbors know to come check.on me now

Back