Romanian underfolder question

Shootersshoot

Reaction score
So I’ve got a Romanian underfolder kit but I want to make it into a side folder, I’ve looked at the adapters and all that but I haven’t bought a receiver yet. Could I just buy a side folding receiver and put it on there and would everything fit? Or would changing the receiver mess with the rest of the build?

Thanks for the help

Stock.option are proprietary.
You could probably sell that under folder for the cost of receiver +.
I sold my Krink M92 underfolder stock for more then I paid for kit. But mine sat in a closet for 20yrs lol.

What every stock you choose needs to have appropriate receiver.
Yugo swelled front trunion receiver is completely different then rest.
The rest all have same front trunion style.
Then there are few rear trunion styles depending on stock. They mix and match those to make stuff work.
Most of the named receiver- polish, Romania, German etc either different rear stock trunion or the safe,fire,fuckit marks on safety.

Although the AK has safe, fuckit, fire selection

Last edited:
I'm digging up 20 year old memories of these and I no longer have anything to check. I remember the size of the rear trunions being about the same (about, because it's an AK after all). The differences were in the holes, notches, and rivets needed to install the rear trunion. As said above, the Yugo was a whole different beast.

I do remember locating and drilling all the holes for an underfolder in a fixed stock receiver. I believe it was Polish. The side folder I remember, had standard rivets but had to cut a square notch in one side.

Bottom line is, it is doable with nothing more than sheet metal work. It would be better if you could get a receiver for your specific setup.

BTW, all the folding option suck compared to a fixed stock.

Back