Serialized P80 PFC9 - EDC Build Diary

Put 100 slow fire rounds through this build yesterday with the OEM slide stop back in place. Lock-back on every empty mag. This particular range does not allow rapid fire. So, I'll re-test again with rapid-fire at the other range.

But, yeah... it appears that even the Vickers slide stop is no bueno on this gun. So into the parts bin it goes.

Racer88 you might reach out to VICKERS/TANGO DOWN and let them know about this part. I bet they will send you a replacement. It’s worth a try.

I think I said I’d installed 5, but it’s more like 7 of these and none have given my this problem. No sense being stuck with a bum part, brudda!!

Last edited:
Racer88 you might reach out to VICKERS/TANGO DOWN and let them know about this part. I bet they will send you a replacement. It’s worth a try.

I think I said I’d installed 5, but it’s more like 7 of these and none have given my this problem. No sense being stuck with a bum part, brudda!!
Meh... I don't think it's worth the effort. I figure it's live and learn... or learn and live. ;)

lol Trying another smoke sure wouldn't hurt if they will send you one. Maybe they had a bad run of them, and they should be aware of that’s the case. But if you’re happy with the extended OEM part..

But if you’re happy with the extended OEM part..
Not extended. Just the regular version. It works, of course. That's the most important thing... it works... especially for an EDC.

After testing The Tank, I ran a couple of boxes of ammo through the EDC build with some rapid fire practice. This puts the round count for this build at 7,035!

Target-7.jpg
Target-8.jpg

My discussion with Mas:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of having one of my 80% frames serialized by an FFL (and having to search for one that would do it)... I decided to just buy a serialized (100%) P80 frame. It was only $113. Done and done.
Are you not able to serialize it yourself in your state?

Are you not able to serialize it yourself in your state?
Serializing it yourself in ANY state is nothing more than a vanity serial number.

If your state requires serialization (mine does not), then as I understand it, it has to be serialized by an FFL and entered into the books. Otherwise, it's not any more "serialized" than your underwear was at camp with your name written in the waistband. :)

I decided to hedge my legal bets should I ever be unfortunately forced to defend myself... with an actual serialized gun.

The rules are changing constantly, so I don’t blame you for just getting a serialized frame and being done with it.

The rules are changing constantly, so I don’t blame you for just getting a serialized frame and being done with it.
It's not the rules... or laws in my case in my state. Nothing has changed here. Serial #s are not required at all... not for any PMF, carried or not. For me it was a matter of "optics" in the sense of how it might LOOK to a jury, should I be forced into such an unfortunate circumstance of self-defense that made it to court. It would be one less thing to worry about.

It's not the rules... or laws in my case in my state. Nothing has changed here. Serial #s are not required at all... not for any PMF, carried or not. For me it was a matter of "optics" in the sense of how it might LOOK to a jury, should I be forced into such an unfortunate circumstance of self-defense that made it to court. It would be one less thing to worry about.
Well, if you have brainwashed NBC zombies in the jury, at least you’ll have that ace up your sleeve.

I understand the concept of CYA, anyway.

Hey... an actual gun building post!

The firing pin broke at 7,406 rounds fired. Story written up on the blog here:

After a lot of home improvement projects are finally wrapping up, and I've moved into my new Man Cave, I was able to get to this repair.

I got a new firing pin assembly from Shadow Systems (bottom below), because it's a machined billet firing pin instead of the OEM Glock MIM firing pin (top).
Broken-firing-pin-and-new-Shadow-Systems.jpg

It dropped right into my slide. Did the shake test (with firing pin safety depressed). Of course, I used an armorer's backplate to inspect the sear engagement. I'd say it's close to 99%! That'll work! Ignore the dust bunny! LOL!
new-Shadow-Systems-firing-pin-sear-engagement.jpg

Sear-engagement-Shadow-Systems.jpg

Next.... To the range, Batman!

Last edited:
The firing pin broke at 7,406 rounds fired.
You got a round-counter on that thing? I didn't know they made such a device... :rolleyes: ;)

Ignore the dust bunny! LOL!
I'm alarmed and disappointed--what if it caused a misfire? :eek: At least you didn't include pics of your feet... :D
Wait, I get it! It's an Easter Dust Bunny! ;)

You got a round-counter on that thing? I didn't know they made such a device... :rolleyes: ;)
Click to enlarge. :cool:
1712000632624.png

I'm alarmed and disappointed--what if it caused a misfire? :eek: At least you didn't include pics of your feet... :D
Wait, I get it! It's an Easter Dust Bunny! ;)
Feet Gullible Pants GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Last edited:
Live fire tested new firing pin installation today.

250 rounds fired. No problems. Hooray!

Back into my EDC "rotation" (which isn't an actual rotation).

Back