Strike80-inspired G17/G19 frames.

Bcichlid

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Gen3 parts compatible, DD17.2 rails.

1668177293460.png

Last edited:
This Frame was modeled after the Strike80 frame. Gen3 parts compatible, DD19.2 / DD17.2 rails.
Special Thanks to P80Ralph & JSD Supply!
by Broken Bullets

This Frame was modeled after the Strike80 frame. Gen3 parts compatible, DD19.2 / DD17.2 rails.
Special Thanks to P80Ralph & JSD Supply!
by Broken Bullets
Thanks !! Love this frame style ! I added BB to the list of frames in the pinned post.

Last edited:
Downloading the BB19 files now... might be the next print if I can ever make it through the Marlin firmware update.

I like the looks of those! If it wasn't not knowing the future with cancer I'd order one of those. My luck I'd no more than get it, drop dead, then get told at the gates of hell that guns are banned in hell...šŸ‘æ

Rick

Just tried to print the 17 over the weekend. Looks like I need to play with my Cura settings some more, ever since upgrading to 5.2.x I have been having wall adhesion issues and also the infill doesn't want to come all the way to the inner most wall.... Have played with overlaps to no avail yet either. If I am able to find a solution without having to downgrade I'll make a different thread, but until then if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Frame did look amazing tho!

Do I need to begin learning abut printing now? Learn about & chase down a printer? Add rolls of materials to stock supplies?

I can see it could be a cool addition to have.

/K
If you have bandwidth for another hobby, go for it. Pull down the 3d models to have on hand either way. There's all kinds of directions you can go with a 3d printer. If you ever get done printing things you need, there's an endless supply of things you didn't know you needed ;)

If you have bandwidth for another hobby, go for it. Pull down the 3d models to have on hand either way. There's all kinds of directions you can go with a 3d printer. If you ever get done printing things you need, there's an endless supply of things you didn't know you needed ;)
If you like tinkering, and have a bit of spare time to get you machine set up and dialed in, I bet you'll love the hobby. Once you get it dialed in it's pretty "set it and forget it" only thing I'd recommend is do a little research as to what materials you are wanting to print with and make sure the printer you get is equipped to handle the material temps you need to get up to especially if you want to get into Nylons, and whether you or not you want to print TPU's will determine whether you get a direct drive or bowden feed type printer.

Once you get it dialed in it's pretty "set it and forget it"
Sort of though it is a mechanical device so belts need tightening, screws need to be adjusted, etc and the microchips can fail ... I've had things dialed in for a bit and tossed in a new roll of filament after being on the road for 5+ weeks. Different color and a new roll but same brand of PLA+ I have been using and it has been giving me fits with adhesion issues and such. Not sure if it is winter setting in which dried out air or made my house cooler or ?? Been at it for a couple of years now and it isn't second nature yet.

Sort of though it is a mechanical device so belts need tightening, screws need to be adjusted, etc and the microchips can fail ... I've had things dialed in for a bit and tossed in a new roll of filament after being on the road for 5+ weeks. Different color and a new roll but same brand of PLA+ I have been using and it has been giving me fits with adhesion issues and such. Not sure if it is winter setting in which dried out air or made my house cooler or ?? Been at it for a couple of years now and it isn't second nature yet.
Not odd for that to happen. If it absorbed moisture it can have those issue. Some descant, air tight contained with the PLA in it and try it again.

šŸ˜‚ Not sure if Iā€™ll ever get done with things I need. Ever time I turn around thereā€™s a new file drop I have to have or scroll through thingiverse and find stuff ā€œ I needā€ šŸ˜‰

Not odd for that to happen. If it absorbed moisture it can have those issue. Some descant, air tight contained with the PLA in it and try it again.
Understood. I have an eSun filament drier I've put rolls into to dry out and when done put filament into a vacuum seal bag with dessicant. In this case it was a brand new roll I just opened - sealed air tight.

Well Mr BB just keep at it with few new releases before this year is over
G26 2X (longer grip)
and new improved DD19.2 "Because you asked for it"

Back