The Tracker (JW4): They have got to be kidding

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

I got a chuckle out of it too. They have several high price kits listed in their email. Then again, it was in a movie that means it has infinite ammo/never needs to be reloaded right?

I got a chuckle out of it too. They have several high price kits listed in their email. Then again, it was in a movie that means it has infinite ammo/never needs to be reloaded right?
Actually, the JW character (Keanu Reeves) does a TON of mag changes. He has also done some real (serious) firearms training - mostly with Taran Tactical. He also does his own driving stunts, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm going to market my own limited edition and call it "Mr. Somebody!"

Actually, the JW character (Keanu Reeves) does a TON of mag changes. He has also done some real (serious) firearms training - mostly with Taran Tactical. He also does his own driving stunts, if I'm not mistaken.
Fair enough, I have not seen JW4 and it has been a while since I have seen any of the others. I made a generalized "hollywood" comment.

Last edited:
We can like Keanu, the movie, the character, Keanu’s level of training, etc. and still logically be appalled (while laughing) at this sales gouging BS. The GST-9s were already over-priced IMO… this just further highlights that in my mind.
(Note: do not own one… refer back to ‘seem over-priced’ comment)

Though people will toss some bucks down when it strikes them. At the NRA convention, my brother picked up a set of grips modeled after the ones in the Stallone movie "Cobra" and then needed to go out and pick up a Colt Gold Cup to mount them on. He opted for the used one to be closer to the era though it is 45ACP not the 9mm conversion. It shoots nice. All in I think he is close to the price of the JW4 exclusive...

We can like Keanu, the movie, the character, Keanu’s level of training, etc. and still logically be appalled (while laughing) at this sales gouging BS. The GST-9s were already over-priced IMO… this just further highlights that in my mind.
(Note: do not own one… refer back to ‘seem over-priced’ comment)
There's no such thing as "gouging" when both sides consent to the deal. That's a free market.

But the $2000 JW4 "Mr. Nobody" is CHEAP.... by comparison to this....
1682976734575.png

It's entirely a matter of VALUE. And if the buyer voluntarily sees that "value," then it's not gouging at all.

And my bet... they'll sell every one of them. Quickly. But I won't be one of the buyers. :)

Last edited:
Touché. But I agree… I won’t be a part of that buying spree.

This is why its so difficult to legalize marijuana.

You JUST know they're high as fck

There's no such thing as "gouging" when both sides consent to the deal. That's a free market.

But the $2000 JW4 "Mr. Nobody" is CHEAP.... by comparison to this....
View attachment 10936

It's entirely a matter of VALUE. And if the buyer voluntarily sees that "value," then it's not gouging at all.

And my bet... they'll sell every one of them. Quickly. But I won't be one of the buyers. :)
Like a Ferrari or a Maybach. If you gotta ask what it costs, you can't afford it. :)

Back