The Truth About Guns Blog: Culture Wars Can’t Take Root In 3D-Printed Gun Culture

Very true, files are dropped and shared everywhere. All shapes and calibers of firearms abound. Impossible to “big brother” what anyone prints at home. 3D printers are powerful freedom machines. They are cheap enough for nearly anyone to afford these days. Todays new printer is seemingly obsolete in a short time overtaken with less expensive quality printers with more bells and whistles. Reminds me of the PC movement and how quickly new became old…big clunky expensive machines have evolved into hand held devices owned by everyone.

Some of the newest, fanciest, fastest printers require a cloud connection. That means the "man" knows what you are printing. It would be a shame if you try to print something and it comes back saying sorry, they can't be printed.

Some of the newest, fanciest, fastest printers require a cloud connection. That means the "man" knows what you are printing. It would be a shame if you try to print something and it comes back saying sorry, they can't be printed.
The Bambu printers seem to be the latest rage. I have come close to pulling the trigger on one and still may. They require cloud to control remotely, but work fine (as far as I know) without connection.

"That’s going to make narcissistic people of all kinds very angry, but they can’t do anything to stop it."

1A forums like this and others are sharing files and knowledge now. Even if they try to shut it down, the TOR/onion router and dark web will allow information to be shared. Nothing short of an EMP blasting electronics world wide will stop it. Even then, if enough people have tucked away stuff in those EMP protective baggies it will still live on...

Umm, that’s interesting. I’m not aware of any printers that require cloud. Can you name any so I can avoid looking at those brands. I thought all we need is a thumb drive for consumer type machines.

Bambu for cloud based and Creality K1 is networkable maybe cloud printing. As soon as I read cloud based processing for the Bambu, I quit looking at them. I'm not sure if you can still print from a file.

At a minimum, if they have to be connected, "they" know what you are printing. Maybe I read too many conspiracy theories.

All internet traffic is monitored. All of it. It's automated. What it comes down to is whether someone is interested in disseminating and analyzing what you are doing by sifting thru that vast amount of data. The only way to avoid this is don't connect at all. Pass around information on what was once called "sneakernet". The bad news is AI tools increasingly make it a lot easier and less expensive for an interested party to look in on what you are doing, saying, buying, where you go, and who your friends are.

You can VPN and encrypt, but the Big Giant Heads know how to crack that too. VPN and encryption is like having locks on your doors. It only repels amateurs and less determined miscreants.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 8.12.34 AM.png

Last edited:
Back