Thermal and night vision????

Stephen G

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Any1 with 1st hand knowledge with commercial thermals and night vision scopes/monoculars?

Im looking at the Burris BTH 35 thermal handheld and AGM TS25-256 Rattler night vision scope.
Thermal for location.& night vision for ID and acquisition.

Thanks for any insight to these or others
Shots will most likely be 20 to 75yds- thick brush and trees. Maybe 100yds max.
Rifle will 350 legend or 6.5 grendel ARs.
Im working in a area that has a thick canopy and in a depression, so its dark until, like I cant see my hands dark, until almost 1hr after sun up. And on east side so it gets stuck in a trunk dark 1.5hrs before sun set.
I cant see a 12" in front of me basically except from 8am to 4pm. So I have to sit there for an hour and a half or more listing to those no account car accidents eat my squirrel corn.

Last edited:
Night vision is very fun and useful. I've got an old set of aviators 3rd-Gen AVS-6's that I mounted to a skate helmet. Added an infrared flashlight on top for when there's near zero light, or I just need extra.
I'm able to sneak up on wildlife with them as they give me better night vision than most animals, however their hearing always picks up my footsteps and gives me away if I get too close.
Always wanted a thermal unit. All this stuff is pretty expensive so this surplus set is all I've got so far.

IMG_1982.JPG

Last edited:
Went ahead an pulled the trigger on a Sightmark Wraith 4k Mini 2-16.
Should be here in a day or 2.
Still in the air about which thermal.
Toss up between AGM Rattler TS35-384 or the Burris BTS 35.

Back