Virginia man arrested for illegal firearms

I use the delta-ring as the point to hold an AR in the off-hand position. I guess it is from decades of shooting in service rifle and 3-position small-bore shooting. It provides the best stability to shoot at a static target from a stationary position. (Draw a line from the rifles center of gravity to the ground...then put the bones of you hand, forearm, hip, and leg into that line, making your body into the bipod.)

Against a moving target, and while trying to move yourself, I can see the advantage of the C-clamp grip to control the direction of the muzzle.

What I am still scratching my head about is how you would make use of an angled hand-stop up against the mag well. Grab the rifle there and I can't picture how you could lock down any of your bone structure.
The most stable and effective off-hand grip for a rifle may be a vertical grip, for many at least. I don't like them because the bulk and 'I just feel like it is going to catch on something' feel I get from them. But the angled-grip makes a good compromise, and I am growing fond of them. Not as secure as a true vertical grip, yet more ergonomic than no grip at all, I actually like pushing them out forward a bit more than the one pictured. If the hand-guard is amenable to it, you can adjust the angle-grip's position for your own arm-length/torso height, and even with gloves, you get a sure-grip on the front.

I think a lot of the draw to these is the 'tacticool' bling, unfortunately, and IIRC (I may have this all wrong, don't quote me on this) one main reason they were being made (and made popular) was to skirt around atf regs on vertical foregrips on AR pistols, then of course they slammed the door on that changing from 'so many x degrees' being the break-point between vertical and not vertical, and just said 'no you can't'.

1674441688210.png

-atf

My personal favorite:

fulton.JPG
They made proprietary (?) Sights just for this postion and few other positions. The sights for this postion were offset to the left as to align with head position.

I always laughed at the C clamp hold until I used it by accident when surprised by group of wild boar ish. Given a few seconds to prepare I would have gone another route. But it works when it works.

Last edited:
Back