Walmart in Arkansas (guns!)

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
While visiting my parents 2 weeks ago....

1711414825009.jpeg

A couple WMs around here still have hunting-style rifles and shotguns. Plus ammo but no pistol calibers... They sometimes have a 1000rds of M-22 (plated .22LR) for $67 which is $13+shipping LESS than the last time I bought it online.

Last edited:
We have here at wally world, but only 1 person is allowed/qualified to open case for guns and ammunition. They are always on break or off. No Shit

Interesting, I thought they had stopped carrying anything.

Years ago, when I last went to WM to buy ammo, I had the same experience as @Stephen G - no one is ever available to unlock the case.

Interesting, I thought they had stopped carrying anything.

Years ago, when I last went to WM to buy ammo, I had the same experience as @Stephen G - no one is ever available to unlock the case.
The few that carry anything are limited to "hunting" guns and ammo. No 223 / 5.56 ammo. No pistol ammo. Just deer rifle and shotgun rounds and .22LR. Even in Arkansas. Sad. And yeah... good luck finding someone to unlock the case.

I bought my first gun from Walmart in the 1980s. It was/is a 12ga 870. I still have it.

I bought my first gun from Walmart in the 1980s. It was/is a 12ga 870. I still have it.
I got my first gun at Gibson's (a similar department store in Arkansas). It was a Harrington & Richardson single-shot 12-ga. I lost it in a fire. But I found an identical gun a couple of years ago and bought it! Chronicled here:

Building a Shotgun Memory!

Back