Question Well, crap! White Hat Holsters closed shop. Need P80 Holster suggestions.

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
A great company that made great holsters. Gone.
1662850221220.png

I'm starting the search for a HYBRID holster for my anticipated new EDC, the PFC9. Any suggestions based on experience?

I've liked Crossbreed Holsters, too. But, it appears they do not make holsters for P80s.

I'm interested in HYBRID holsters only. I do not like all-kydex holsters.

Last edited:

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone with experience with these guys?

Say vs Alien Gear holsters? Though they have no options for optics:

Last edited:

James

Reaction score
Oh no...... and I was abut to go on holster order spree. Now what?

7.62Kolectr

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Gosh those you posted look huge and uncomfortable.
What’s the difference between a P80 and a Glock holster wise?

Differently

Reaction score
Hidden hybrid holsters are super comfortable. I have been wearing one every day for 5 years now. I forget it's there.

Differently

Reaction score
I also carried in an alien gear for about a month before replacing it. I found the alien gear to be to bulky and didn't conceal well on my body.

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Gosh those you posted look huge and uncomfortable.
What’s the difference between a P80 and a Glock holster wise?

They're comfortable because they are big. I can't stand all-kydex holsters. THOSE are uncomfortable. Like wearing a sharp-edged brick on your hip.

The difference is that a P80 won't fit into a holster molded for a Glock any more than it would fit into a holster for a Smith & Wesson. They're different shapes. P80s and Glocks are roughly similar. But, they are not interchangeable when it comes to a molded holster.

Last edited:

7.62Kolectr

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Would you like to borrow a quality OWB leather holster and give it a try? It will probably fit your P80 as it’s made for a G19 but not hand boned or true fit.

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This has been my holster for many years:
Would you like to borrow a quality OWB leather holster and give it a try? It will probably fit your P80 as it’s made for a G19 but not hand boned or true fit.

Thanks. But I'm not really interested in OWB. I've tried some (not all-leather, though). I print like crazy with OWB. Also... a G19 holster will not fit a P80 Compact. They're similar but different enough to make a difference.

Last edited:

TL 80

Reaction score

I have a few of these ones, both Glock and P80

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I have a few of these ones, both Glock and P80

Looks interesting. Not cheap. How flexible is that backing (compared to leather)? Have you owned leather / kydex hybrids before? How does this compare?

Thanks!

TL 80

Reaction score
It replaced my alien gear holster. It has a bit more flex than it looks like it would. I do like the ability to easily switch from owb/iwb depending on what I'm doing that day. No tools needed and you can do it with the gun in the shell

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It replaced my alien gear holster. It has a bit more flex than it looks like it would. I do like the ability to easily switch from owb/iwb depending on what I'm doing that day. No tools needed and you can do it with the gun in the shell

I was "this close" to ordering that one, but this is what steered me away:
1664065063450.png

I would think those attachments sticking out that far would protrude into my pants... make the pants bulge in that area rather than taper directly from the formed holster. Not sure that makes sense. But, yeah... my other hybrid holsters are smooth in this area.

So, I just ordered a hybrid holster from Vedder. Called the "Comfort Tuck."
1664065353498.png

It looks almost identical to my Crossbreed and White Hat holsters. As I mentioned, White Hat closed up shop. And Crossbreed doesn't currently make holsters for P80s.

Hopefully I'll like it!

clm2112

Reaction score
Well, I'll report back on the Cloak Tuck model when it gets here. I've been debating molding another Glock + TRL6 holster for my father... but, he might be getting my old one if the Cloak Tuck works well for me.

clm2112

Reaction score
One thing that attracted me was the idea of being able to replace the kydex shell of the cloak tuck. I ordered it with the Glock 26 and TRL6 shell, but I also ordered a Sig P320 Compact shell as well. If it works out, then I will just mold my own shells for the other pistols, like a P940C and O-Light BALDR combo (something they don't currently offer as a ready-made shell.) Half shells are pretty easy to mold, and not having to mold the entire holster will make this really cost effective... assuming the base holster is comfortable to use.

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I visited all those sites. The majority are all-kydex holsters. I prefer hybrid holsters. Just my preference. So, it narrows down the choices a lot.

I think the Vedder will fit the bill. I'll report back, of course!

Last edited: