Question What are the "MUST HAVE" gun building tools?

20230129_164323.jpg

A brain that houses some common sense and as such dummy rounds for functional and safety testing.

SHARP knife, X-acto and/or utility-blade knife. Ideal for tab removal and even roughing-out the channel-plug. Great to use if the Dremel is too loud at that time of night When The Wild Build Calls.;)

My armoror's block. I went poking through my gun toolbox for the fancy tool I got for Christmas and that was on top of the pile.

I use that block for almost everything I do firearm related. The hole is big enough to contain 4 frame pins. There is a smaller hole on the end, that is what I use to take apart trigger bars. It even goes to the range. I lay the back of the slide upon it and wack the rear sight with a plastic hammer to adjust windage. Much quicker than the Wheeler sight tool. And 1/100th the weight to lug along.

Two that I use all the time and would be lost without are my rotary tool and micro sander, but I can only post one it would have to be the Micro Sander. It has saved these old wore out hands from a lot of pain from hand sanding for hours. If anyone looks to remove the texture off frames for a smooth finish needs to have one.

Last edited:
20230130_120304.jpg
I know MGB uses this little guy, but I really like this one, also from Harbor Freight, around $30 Speeds up to 20k. Has a really good feel to it. More of a finese tool. For getting rid of material, my goto "rotary tool" is the cordless from Ryobi. It's a beast. Works just as well as any corded rotary tool that I have, and I have a bunch, plus it's battery powered. If you have seen the "Channel" Video from MGB, he uses the flexible shaft to get into the channel. It fits right on the end of the Ryobi.

Attachments

• 20230130_120751.jpg
    20230130_120751.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 20230130_120923.jpg
    20230130_120923.jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
[Sigh] Shovel.šŸ˜”
Or a good lawyer, but the rules are only one tool per post, and most lawyers are DEFINITELY tools...

A Pro 2nd Amendment Governor and State Legislature. Assuming you're fortunate enough to live in the former, invest in some type of rotary tool and/or drill of some sort.

Back