Poll Who carries their 80% build?

Who "EDCs" their 80% build?

• Total voters

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess what I am asking is others' advice as how to mark them differently at home, when our options are very limited due to the space for labeling being so small. I thought of using my driver's license number, it's short & unique, but I can't put it on all of them, or maybe I could? A social security number is too long for stamping, and I can't think of anything else besides a driver's license number that might satisfy a prosecutor or jury, yet there's multiple frames to stamp.

I would definitely not use a SS#.

As for how to do it... @Michele has that down pat and has written about it here:

Michele

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Reaction score
Behind Enemy Lines in a State ruled by Tyranny
For those who would like to EDC different PMFs, how would you go about serializing them at home with unique alpha-numeric characters associated to you?
Here's a post with similar query that should answer that question

It'sMe

Reaction score
I would definitely not use a SS#.

As for how to do it... @Michele has that down pat and has written about it here:
I'm curious why you wouldn't use a SS#.
I ask because when I read Mas's response to you, I took his response, to marking a P80, to mark it in a way that ties it to you, or mark it in a way showing it's obviously yours, yet doing so in a way that avoids having to use a ffl, but that route would certainly work too.

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm curious why you wouldn't use a SS#.
I ask because when I read Mas's response to you, I took his response, to marking a P80, to mark it in a way that ties it to you, or mark it in a way showing it's obviously yours, yet doing so in a way that avoids having to use a ffl, but that route would certainly work too.

For the same reason it's generally advisable to not use your social security on ANYthing. Your SS# is like giving the key to identity thieves (should they find it). So, now not only do they have your gun... they have the key your identity.